Newest Member
    joxey
August 2015 Observation thread.

NRVwxfan.

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm taking the funnel out of the gauge today "just in case" :D

"WITH THE ATMOSPHERE VERY MOIST (PRECIP WATER VALUES IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD OF 2.25 INCHES)THE HEAVY SHOWERS/STORMS WILL BE VERY EFFICIENT RAIN PRODUCERS WITH RAINFALL RATES UPWARDS OF 3 INCHES/HOUR POSSIBLE. IF THIS OCCURS OVER AN URBANIZED AREA...EXTENSIVE STREET FLOODING SHOULD OCCUR."

I'm taking the funnel out of the gauge today "just in case" :D

"WITH THE ATMOSPHERE VERY MOIST (PRECIP WATER VALUES IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD OF 2.25 INCHES)THE HEAVY SHOWERS/STORMS WILL BE VERY EFFICIENT RAIN PRODUCERS WITH RAINFALL RATES UPWARDS OF 3 INCHES/HOUR POSSIBLE. IF THIS OCCURS OVER AN URBANIZED AREA...EXTENSIVE STREET FLOODING SHOULD OCCUR."

IF and at this point looking at the sat loops its a pretty big if we can get some periods of sun late morning into the afternoon I bet we do see some really efficient rainmakers. PWATS are as high as they have been in weeks I imagine.....

Where do you live again? Greer off of I-85? you just can't catch a storm this year. I really thought you would get nailed. 

Eastside of Spartanburg, a few miles south of 85 and just south of 29.

Supposed to get between a 0.50" and 1.00" total the last 2 days and we won't even come close to that.  I knew as soon as I looked at the radar and saw the flow that mby was screwed.  Never rains on mby with this type of flow.  It's always a few miles away.

Storms are just getting shredded east of 26 in Spartanburg.  Looks like western upstate wins again.  I can't wait until we have this god awful flow all winter.  I'll be going to Boone.

Edit:  Now the storm resumes it's eastward movement as soon as it will clear mby by a mile lol.  I guess I will get to smell the rain though so I guess that is something.

1Ip7z4f.gif

Looks like N Charlotte's about to get hammered - again!!!

AT 310 PM EDT...DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM  CAPABLE OF PRODUCING DAMAGING WINDS IN EXCESS OF 60 MPH. THIS STORM  WAS LOCATED 10 MILES NORTHWEST OF HUNTERSVILLE...OR NEAR  WESTPORT...AND MOVING EAST AT 20 MPH.* LOCATIONS IN THE WARNING INCLUDE...  HUNTERSVILLE...KANNAPOLIS...LINCOLNTON...CORNELIUS...DAVIDSON...  WESTPORT...NORTHWEST CHARLOTTE...BOGER CITY...IRON STATION AND  CODDLE CREEK RESERVOIR.

Just looked outside.  Literally right on the edge of the cloud.  I swear this has got to be the worst microclimate in the upstate.  I don't know why I even get pissed off anymore.  It feels like I should be used to it by now because it happens so often.

My lawn already has brown spots in it again.  The day after it rained 0.60" last week I was digging into the ground to replace some grass that had died, and it was bone dry just an inch down.  These piddly amounts we get evaporate within a blink of an eye.

I guess that is what RAH was showing today with their simulated radar. 

Maybe, it wont be widespread severe but a few places might hit 40-50 mph in gust if you get in the worst of the squall,  but there was a good bit more sun out that way and once it gets I-95 and east it might fizzle since we have had clouds and rain all day....still from the Triangle north especially along the NC/VA border it could be pretty nasty.

Maybe, it wont be widespread severe but a few places might hit 40-50 mph in gust if you get in the worst of the squall,  but there was a good bit more sun out that way and once it gets I-95 and east it might fizzle since we have had clouds and rain all day....still from the Triangle north especially along the NC/VA border it could be pretty nasty.

I don't think they said anything about widespread severe storms. They were just showing a line of storms stretching across the whole state coming through today. That is what I was referring to. I wonder if we will even get that line of storms to form.

Archived