joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Squall line With Severe potential 07/30

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well--it's an awful lot easier to miss the strike zone than to nab the inside corner....

Dare I get up hope for a storm today? Not yet. Just watch how it unfolds.

It is much easier to miss, As we have nibbled around the black here the last 2 days on the outer fringe, Some parts of me want to see a decent event but then I have other concerns as far as the garden goes

Sent from my iPhone

Feel bad for you and your scorched lawn, noticed field burning up at IJD last night too. Another world just a couple of miles east.

Kind of looks like one of those deals where warnings are flying for HFD and LFD counties with monster storms.. And we are thinking can't miss .. And then they hit the wall around BDL and just get leftovers. Hope not, but in back of my mind

Kind of looks like one of those deals where warnings are flying for HFD and LFD counties with monster storms.. And we are thinking can't miss .. And then they hit the wall around BDL and just get leftovers. Hope not, but in back of my mind

i think myself you are far enough west, your hills and ORH hills will be death zone

ALSO HAVE CONCERN FOR AN ISOLATED TORNADO PRIMARILY NEAR CT

VALLEY. ALTHOUGH THIS IS NOT A CLASSIC SETUP FOR NEW ENGLAND
TORNADOES...PRESENCE OF 30-35KT WINDS AT 925 MB AND LOW LCL FROM
70+ DEWPOINTS POINTS TOWARD THAT POTENTIAL. IF ONE DOES OCCUR...
AND THAT IS A BIG IF...IT WOULD LIKELY BE TOWARD WEAKER SIDE GIVEN
STRENGTH OF WIND FIELDS ALOFT.

ALSO HAVE CONCERN FOR AN ISOLATED TORNADO PRIMARILY NEAR CT

VALLEY. ALTHOUGH THIS IS NOT A CLASSIC SETUP FOR NEW ENGLAND

TORNADOES...PRESENCE OF 30-35KT WINDS AT 925 MB AND LOW LCL FROM

70+ DEWPOINTS POINTS TOWARD THAT POTENTIAL. IF ONE DOES OCCUR...

AND THAT IS A BIG IF...IT WOULD LIKELY BE TOWARD WEAKER SIDE GIVEN

STRENGTH OF WIND FIELDS ALOFT.

Meh.  Give me a good microburst over the ability to claim a weak spinner.

80.2/72

ALY thinking just a nice lawn watering is coming...

283884_252839024727990_5820194_n.jpg?oh=

A line of showers with some embedded heavier bursts are making their way into the western Adirondacks and western Mohawk Valley. While severe storms aren't anticipated with this activity, a quick quarter to half inch of rain will occur through 1130 AM. This activity will continue to work eastward and will be eventually impacting the Lake George-Saratoga Region and Capital Region as well.

Looks like nne does ok but most in sne don't.

Agree.  Lightning looks pretty meager across the board and any that's there is no a trajectory north of the VT/MA line.  We'll get some more rain in any case and listen to rumbles as they had through Marlboro/Jacksonville.  Perhaps I'll break 3" on the month today (2.70" so far).

81.8/73 off a high of 82.3

don't see much lightning in the line...at least from radarscope.

PWATS should get close to 2'' so we definitely should see some torrential downpours move in...flash flooding will be a threat

Yeah it's mostly a line of showers at this point. Here has just been some brief moderate rain, no thunder over the Spine of the mountains.

Archived