• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Squall line With Severe potential 07/30

Damage In Tolland

My friend said he was in Walpole, NH and looking NNE which is towards Warner, NH (or in that general direction).  He said it was after 5:00 PM when he saw it.  He is going to get the video uploaded when he gets home from work this evening and will be able to have a more accurate time once he sees the time stamp.  

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My friend said he was in Walpole, NH and looking NNE which is towards Warner, NH (or in that general direction).  He said it was after 5:00 PM when he saw it.  He is going to get the video uploaded when he gets home from work this evening and will be able to have a more accurate time once he sees the time stamp.  

Was your friend drinking when this all happened?

Whopping 0.16" here haha.

Wow, quite the difference from this area. I was at the golf course last night and the cups all had water in them from the rain. Looking at the CoCoRaHS reports this morning shows that Northfield had 1.10" and the employees at the course said it poured for several hours. The Dog River was pretty high and muddy and there were small washouts in some of the sand traps :axe:

Wow, quite the difference from this area. I was at the golf course last night and the cups all had water in them from the rain. Looking at the CoCoRaHS reports this morning shows that Northfield had 1.10" and the employees at the course said it poured for several hours. The Dog River was pretty high and muddy and there were small washouts in some of the sand traps :axe:

Yeah not much happened up here...I see MPV had 0.87" along with that Northfield report, so definitely some heavy rainers there.

If you look at CoCoRAHS, just north of me it trails off even more with only 0.06" in Underhill and Hyde Park.

Was watching the TS line fall apart on radar, on the 6 PM news, then got barely enough to wet the ground at 6:30, with nothing serious upstream (then.)  Pretty good rumble just before 7:30 and the DirecTV went black, followed by the strongest TS gust of the year (by far, though only about 35 tops) and +RA.  Very little thunder but a quick 1/3" RA, which blew in beneath the porch roof to soak most of the decking.  Only a few small branches and one 4" diameter snag torn loose by the wind, but at least enough rain to soak more than the top 1/2" of soil.  I've now recorded - on my personal 9 PM-obs data - some precip on 13 cons. days (just "T" on 7/22), and had 0.01" overnight so today will count as #14 despite the sun.

Well survey says...

It was a :twister:

I swear to god, we can't catch a break with these things.  Between the lakes and these spin ups below the radar beam we're getting hammered on missed events.+

In warner? wow, that's pretty cool. too bad you guys can't see these things in advance (not your fault). NWS should change the location of the radar if it could impact lives, if you know what I mean

In warner? wow, that's pretty cool. too bad you guys can't see these things in advance (not your fault). NWS should change the location of the radar if it could impact lives, if you know what I mean

Our little local SW NH radar hole isn't even that bad, with the best coverage being around 7-9 kft. There are parts of NE TX or NE MO that have the best coverage somewhere around 12-14 kft elevation. You can miss whole showers with that kind of coverage, let alone low level mesos.

The problem with Warner, is that it was likely a "ground up" kind of tornado, rather than mid levels working down. So at 8,000 feet our radar didn't see any of the tornadogenesis that was going on. You could maybe, maybe, argue that the reflectivity briefly looked like it developed a pendant or hook on one scan, but there was nothing of note on the corresponding velocity.

Our little local SW NH radar hole isn't even that bad, with the best coverage being around 7-9 kft. There are parts of NE TX or NE MO that have the best coverage somewhere around 12-14 kft elevation. You can miss whole showers with that kind of coverage, let alone low level mesos.

The problem with Warner, is that it was likely a "ground up" kind of tornado, rather than mid levels working down. So at 8,000 feet our radar didn't see any of the tornadogenesis that was going on. You could maybe, maybe, argue that the reflectivity briefly looked like it developed a pendant or hook on one scan, but there was nothing of note on the corresponding velocity.

i figured. hey, you guys are the professionals, i am just a weenie looking for a big radar thingy in the area i grew up lol

right on top of mt kearsage maybe? :)

He was able to upload a higher quality video but eh can't really see much.  The first few minutes looks like maybe some rotation but looks mostly just like scud rising and forming and moving all different ways.  Around like 4:40 he mentions something about possible circulation on the ground but you really can't see anything.

He was able to upload a higher quality video but eh can't really see much.  The first few minutes looks like maybe some rotation but looks mostly just like scud rising and forming and moving all different ways.  Around like 4:40 he mentions something about possible circulation on the ground but you really can't see anything.

Yeah, tough to see any appreciable rotation there. The video we were sent from WMUR is much clearer with rotation. Hard to ignore.

Archived