• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Squall line With Severe potential 07/30

Damage In Tolland

No it won't. Trust me. Evaporated by noon in the searing tomorrow. But yes it was nice to get a bit of rain

it will have been absorbed by tomorrow, good drink congrats and enjoy the low dews all weekend. The summer party is about to wind down dew wise, last call for alcohol 

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No it won't. Trust me. Evaporated by noon in the searing tomorrow. But yes it was nice to get a bit of rain

Man you find a way to downplay any rain you get, lol.  It either all runs off, and then what doesn't run off will just evaporate by noon.  If you get 0.40" of rain, your lawn will take notice.  That's much better than running a sprinkler all day. 

Man you find a way to downplay any rain you get, lol.  It either all runs off, and then what doesn't run off will just evaporate by noon.  If you get 0.40" of rain, your lawn will take notice.  That's much better than running a sprinkler all day. 

He may know fertilizer but hydro not so much

The dew point must have come up a couple tics

You might be the only person in the world who thinks almost a half inch of rain just before nightfall is going to evaporate before its absorbed. Your logic baffles me at times, this is snow melt to the Canadian Border type logic

I've been around lawn care for much of my life. Will .40 of a downpour  hurt? No of course not. Is it it going to soak in, and green up all the torched lawns around this area and have everyone out mowing in 2 days? No..It's a dust wetter..and will help the topsoil until about 3:00pm tomorrow.

He may know fertilizer but hydro not so much

Nope, it all just runs off, haha.

Stick to snowmaking..Not lawns

If you aren't getting 1" of rain over 24 hours of straight -RN, it might as well not happen at all, right?

You could run your sprinkler all evening and not put down an even half inch across the lawn.  Plus, what better time of day for rain to fall?  Evening.

Nope, it all just runs off, haha.

If you aren't getting 1" of rain over 24 hours of straight -RN, it might as well not happen at all, right?

You could run your sprinkler all evening and not put down an even half inch across the lawn.  Plus, what better time of day for rain to fall?  Evening.

That would be incorrect again I'm afraid.

It is best to water between 6-10 AM. There's less wind, less hot sun, and your lawn has a full day to dry. Watering at night invites mildew and fungus

I've been around lawn care for much of my life. Will .40 of a downpour  hurt? No of course not. Is it it going to soak in, and green up all the torched lawns around this area and have everyone out mowing in 2 days? No..It's a dust wetter..and will help the topsoil until about 3:00pm tomorrow.

Ok this makes more sense... you made it sound like it was useless.  It's a nice drink for the lawn and vegetation during a drier than normal month.  Now you don't have to run the sprinklers for a couple days.

It is best to water between 6-10 AM. There's less wind, less hot sun, and your lawn has a full day to dry. Watering at night invites mildew and fungus

Why water in the morning when the searing sun can evaporate it by noon?

Why water in the morning when the searing sun can evaporate it by noon?

Coolest time of day..It wets the soil and instead of going into the day dry and searing more..the sun uses it's energy to evaporate the freshly watered lawn/soil...and it doesn't stay wet all night under cover of darkness inviting disease and fungus.

So if you want your lawn to dry all day, why are you afraid of it evaporating by 3pm tomorrow?  You got your drink and now it can dry out.  I'm honestly asking you as you are right, I know more about snowmaking than taking care of my lawn (which is emerald green and lush). 

• Your lawn needs at least 1”-1 ½” of water per week, year-round, during the winter, too.

Water deeply 2-3 times per week, rather than daily.

Water as early in the morning as you can, when possible.

If you can’t push a 6” screwdriver into your lawn, you’re not watering enough.

You will need to water more in the heat, especially if you have a fescue lawn.

Don’t water so long that it runs down the street. 

If you have automatic sprinklers, check them regularly to be sure you’re getting complete coverage.

If a brown area doesn’t respond to watering, look for another problem.

Coolest time of day..It wets the soil and instead of going into the day dry and searing more..the sun uses it's energy to evaporate the freshly watered lawn/soil...and it doesn't stay wet all night under cover of darkness inviting disease and fungus.

Evaporated by noon in the searing tomorrow. But yes it was nice to get a bit of rain

I know to water in the morning, but I liked how you contradicted yourself.

Archived