wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Squall line With Severe potential 07/30

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My trip to Iowa did not help. Out of the 5 days, fairly benign weather, we got two MCSs. One of them had severe on the southern end, flash flooding, mammatus, and a wake low. Now that's fairly interesting weather for 8-10 in the morning.

I'll get out there one of these days. I've seen my share of snow events, but definitely lack witnessing real man convection. Videos and crappy chaser feeds get old.

I'll get out there one of these days. I've seen my share of snow events, but definitely lack witnessing real man convection. Videos and crappy chaser feeds get old.

Should've been in Warner, NH then.

As expected, something gets near the lakes and we have reports of damage. I'm a little skeptical given that the cores were fairly weak and CON and PSM couldn't gust above 36 mph, but I guess it's possible.

As expected, something gets near the lakes and we have reports of damage. I'm a little skeptical given that the cores were fairly weak and CON and PSM couldn't gust above 36 mph, but I guess it's possible.

I see the Black Cat Island weenie reported a faux 42mph.

My friend from NH called and left me a voice mail b/c I missed his call but he said he saw a very low cloud that was touching the ground and rotating...he said he called it into the NWS.  Not sure where he was (maybe Walpole b/c that's where he lives).  I'm sure he has some video and such.  

My friend from NH called and left me a voice mail b/c I missed his call but he said he saw a very low cloud that was touching the ground and rotating...he said he called it into the NWS.  Not sure where he was (maybe Walpole b/c that's where he lives).  I'm sure he has some video and such.  

There is supposed video of what you're describing, but we have yet to see it.

I know as it came through here there were several ground scraping tendrils of scud rapidly rising into the shelf cloud above. Oftentimes that is mistaken for a funnel cloud and rotation.

There is supposed video of what you're describing, but we have yet to see it.

I know as it came through here there were several ground scraping tendrils of scud rapidly rising into the shelf cloud above. Oftentimes that is mistaken for a funnel cloud and rotation.

I could certainly see that being what occurred.  in the message he said something about going to see if there was any damage or anything.  He is usually pretty quick at getting videos up on youtube so once he does I'll post it here.  I'll give him another call and see if I can find when he will post it

I could certainly see that being what occurred.  in the message he said something about going to see if there was any damage or anything.  He is usually pretty quick at getting videos up on youtube so once he does I'll post it here.  I'll give him another call and see if I can find when he will post it

There is word that a barn or warehouse lost its roof, but we haven't seen pictures of that at all.

Probably dropped a nice waterspout that a couple dozen people from Mass filmed with their smart phones, yet if a tornado drops in the forest and nobody is there to see it, did it really happen?

So maybe this was my fault?

I literally posted this at 2151z, and the storm damage in question probably happened between 2140 and 2150z.

No word on whether the video was filmed by someone from Mass.

Archived