• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May Obs And Daily Disco

wxdude64

Do people still think this is like last year?

Definitely warmer. But not crazy or anything. We hit 90+ during the first half of May last year once. Hard to say if we do it this year. Wed-Fri could be in the low-mid 70's so some of the + departure will get knocked down. Warmer first half compared to last is prob a lock. 

post-2035-0-67105700-1431095163_thumb.jp

post-2035-0-67758200-1431095171_thumb.jp

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think there were some similarities earlier and maybe a few still but pattern across CONUS is more typical Nino maybe. Sure looks like the tendency for warm is going to persist a while. Not to say it will into heart of summer but definetly some different things going on.

I think there were some similarities earlier and maybe a few still but pattern across CONUS is more typical Nino maybe. Sure looks like the tendency for warm is going to persist a while. Not to say it will into heart of summer but definetly some different things going on.

The west looks cool and stormy for the foreseeable future. Which makes sense. They've been so warm and dry for months that things have to regress eventually.

Luckily the pattern for us looks warm but not terribly humid on the means. I can deal with m-u 80's when soup isn't being served as a side dish. Storm track (if there are any) looks west of us so maybe we can get some storms before fronts.

Too bad the center of circ from Ana is going to stay east. Could have been more interesting if it got pushed further inland before getting the boot.

The west looks cool and stormy for the foreseeable future. Which makes sense. They've been so warm and dry for months that things have to regress eventually.

Luckily the pattern for us looks warm but not terribly humid on the means. I can deal with m-u 80's when soup isn't being served as a side dish. Storm track (if there are any) looks west of us so maybe we can get some storms before fronts.

Too bad the center of circ from Ana is going to stay east. Could have been more interesting if it got pushed further inland before getting the boot.

For sure.  

I for one would have enjoyed a washout for the weekend, and more yard flooding.  ;)

LWX afternoon AFD seems like they are saying we will get some rain/storms from Ana Sunday night into Monday... but I am a bit confused because this morning in their AFD they said this:

Morning AFD

SUBTROPICAL STORM ANA WILL SLOWLY MOVE INTO NC MONDAY AND SOUTHERLY
WINDS WILL INCREASE ACROSS THE REGION. AT THIS TIME...THERE IS A 5
PERCENT CHANCE OF TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS FROM ANA ACROSS THE MID-
ATLANTIC. AT THIS TIME...ANA WILL LIKELY BECOME A DEPRESSION AS IT
WEAKENS OVER LAND. ANA WILL MOVE OVER THE MOUTH OF THE CHESAPEAKE
BAY MONDAY NIGHT AND QUICKLY MOVE OUT TO SEA BY TUESDAY MORNING.
HEAVY RAIN SHOULD STAY WELL TO THE SOUTH OF THE REGION AND NO
HAZARDOUS IMPACTS FROM ANA ARE EXPECTED AT THIS TIME. SEE COASTAL
FLOOD SECTION BELOW.

In the afternoon AFD, they changed it to this:

SUBTROPICAL STORM ANA SLOWLY MOVES NORTH INTO NC SUNDAY NIGHT INTO
MONDAY AS IT WEAKENS. ANA WILL MOVE OVER THE MOUTH OF THE CHESAPEAKE
BAY MONDAY NIGHT. HEAVY RAIN AND THUNDERSTORMS ARE POSSIBLE ON
MONDAY...AS WELL AS BREEZY CONDITIONS. ANA WILL QUICKLY MOVE OUT TO
SEA BY TUESDAY MORNING.

Took a peek at a basin cams. Place is packed. 14" of snow in a couple days. Great late season this year. Enjoy the views! I'm jealous

Abasin was shuttling people from Keystone parking lots today, thier parking lots overloaded. Sorta glad I decided against getting on slopes, I probably would have hurt somebody....haha! Did go up to pass and hiked trail around south side over towards Loveland ski area. Went up above my knees in a couple of spots where it had drifted, MUCH deeper it you went off trail.Amazed at the number of people 'earning turns' at pass. I can officially say now that I am back in the valley that May sun angle is an absolute killer on snow! haha Anything south or SW facing has had all snow removed by sun, and there was about 3-4 here in valley (Dillon Frisco area) this am. Still plenty in shade as temp just has crossed freezing, up to 34 here in valley, it was 16 on top of pass by car's therm when I got there and 22 when I left.

Archived