joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May Obs And Daily Disco

wxdude64

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally getting a storm.  Radar shows me in the cross-hairs.  Garden variety storm, some T&L and moderate rain.  Did happen to look out the front door and catch an enormous C2G that arced a long distance before turning towards ground.  Hit about 3/4 mile away.  Really cool view.

This thing doesn't want to stop.  Some pretty intense lightning strikes too.  More lightning than heavy rain, but it's been going on for a 1/2 hour now.

Did you get the one this afternoon? Looked impressive on radar and produced a nice outflow down here.

Another massive rain. Unbelievable debris from runoff. There's a culvert clogged if front of my house and the runoff from across the road eroded all of my landscaping. It'll take days to clean up the mess.

I would estimate 4+ inches over the past two days. Not official, but I know from experience how much rain is needed to produce that kind of runoff.

Another massive rain. Unbelievable debris from runoff. There's a culvert clogged if front of my house and the runoff from across the road eroded all of my landscaping. It'll take days to clean up the mess.

I would estimate 4+ inches over the past two days. Not official, but I know from experience how much rain is needed to produce that kind of runoff.

that's amazing.  sucks that it left you that much work, though.

I got .40" last night.  lol.  

did you lose power?

Concern over some flash flooding out there?

Sorry, didn't see your post.

Not so much flash flooding as runoff.  I'm tired of working to repair the damage.  Most of the issue is a highway issue, but still, it can stop with the massive downpours anytime soon.

Guidance suggests we don't get much of anything. Doesn't appear to be that impressive of a system. GFS keeps us mostly dry thru the 5-day period. LWX basically brushes it off for local impacts. 

Guess we shall see what fun weather STS Ana brings late Monday night based off forecasted track from NHC

Might be 10 in a row days in the 80s at DCA.  I think that is unprecedented for early May at DCA.  Now, it isn't like we are blowing it out in the 90s, so this isn't like it is the hottest start to the month, but it is an anomalous warm period.

I've been wondering if we actually have a legit chance at a top 10 or top 15 hottest May at BWI now. Nothing record-breaking on a daily basis, but its been so consistently above average and looks to be like that into late next week (probably a lot of +10 departures if NWS forecast verifies). Depends on how much gets knocked off the departure when it cools down late next week I guess.

I've been wondering if we actually have a legit chance at a top 10 or top 15 hottest May at BWI now. Nothing record-breaking on a daily basis, but its been so consistently above average and looks to be like that into late next week (probably a lot of +10 departures if NWS forecast verifies). Depends on how much gets knocked off the departure when it cools down late next week I guess.

I think you'd have to be +5 or +6 at BWI to crack the top-10, so it would still have to come back strong after later next week in order to be in contention. 

Archived