joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May Obs And Daily Disco

wxdude64

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like this will be wasted day #2 for year, already declared it summer when temp hit 80+ back on 4/19.

Currently 78.2 out there with lots of afternoon left.

Yep, definitely don't get the "it's such a beautiful May day" thing.  This is not even a "good" day for July and/or August  Fact is I mowed my grass yesterday in order to avoid having to do it today (or any other day this week) in the heat.  Should not have to avoid doing outside activities already at the beginning of May.  84F currently and still plenty of time to go higher.

Yep, definitely don't get the "it's such a beautiful May day" thing.  This is not even a "good" day for July and/or August  Fact is I mowed my grass yesterday in order to avoid having to do it today (or any other day this week) in the heat.  Should not have to avoid doing outside activities already at the beginning of May.  84F currently and still plenty of time to go higher.

Hmmm......mid-80s, relatively low humidity and a nice breeze. I think most of us would sign up for this in July/August without hesitation. Honestly, the only thing that could make today better, imo, would be afternoon woo storms.

Hmmm......mid-80s, relatively low humidity and a nice breeze. I think most of us would sign up for this in July/August without hesitation. Honestly, the only thing that could make today better, imo, would be afternoon woo storms.

The average high here for mid July is 85F.  Will easily get that today.  IMO, I don't see how that's a good day, even in July/Aug, although I acknowledge it could (and will) be worse at that time of year.

Pretty simple, this is a nice day if you can sit in the shade and relax.  It is not nearly as nice if you are doing anything resembling strenuous activity in the full sun.  Of course it can and will be worse in a couple of months.

it's beautiful outside.  people are just not used to it yet.  in 2 months this will be considered an outstanding day.

Just missed the record high min at DCA this morning.  66 is the record, 65 as the hourly low right now.  Got down to 62.3 at my house.  Early summery feel.

NAM seems to like storms both this afternoon and tomorrow afternoon.

SPC

...IA/NRN IL AND IND THROUGH OH TO THE MID ATLANTIC STATES...
   A QUASI-STATIONARY BOUNDARY EXTENDING GENERALLY W-E ACROSS THIS
   REGION WILL BE THE FOCUS FOR SHOWER AND TSTM DEVELOPMENT THIS
   AFTERNOON INTO THE EARLY EVENING.  WEAK INSTABILITY/SHEAR PARAMETER
   SPACE INDICATES THE POTENTIAL FOR SEVERE STORMS WILL BE TOO LOW TO
   INTRODUCE ANY SEVERE PROBABILITIES. 

Just missed the record high min at DCA this morning.  66 is the record, 65 as the hourly low right now.  Got down to 62.3 at my house.  Early summery feel.

NAM seems to like storms both this afternoon and tomorrow afternoon.

SPC

...IA/NRN IL AND IND THROUGH OH TO THE MID ATLANTIC STATES...

A QUASI-STATIONARY BOUNDARY EXTENDING GENERALLY W-E ACROSS THIS

REGION WILL BE THE FOCUS FOR SHOWER AND TSTM DEVELOPMENT THIS

AFTERNOON INTO THE EARLY EVENING.  WEAK INSTABILITY/SHEAR PARAMETER

SPACE INDICATES THE POTENTIAL FOR SEVERE STORMS WILL BE TOO LOW TO

INTRODUCE ANY SEVERE PROBABILITIES. 

^^^THIS

So, to all those screaming what a 'great day' yesterday was......

Yesterday was what? A +12 for a high, and misses a record warm low by 1 and is a +12 again I think for National.

If these were reversed and we had a -12 for a high and low in Nov you'd be screaming bloody murder if we that like the 'colder side' of things were saying the same for that day about how great it was. I thankfully have an 'out' (course it costs me a 4 hour flight and the money to get there) that son is in Breck and I can get away when I want to now, others just have to suffer and I feel for them greatly.

Low-to-mid 60s are perfect lows. Cool enough to get things comfortable in the home at night, and you can keep the windows open without it getting too cold when you wake up.

How you winter weenies survive DC summers is beyond me. The way you all talk, it's a miracle we don't all burst into flames whenever it hits 90+

^^^THIS

So, to all those screaming what a 'great day' yesterday was......

Yesterday was what? A +12 for a high, and misses a record warm low by 1 and is a +12 again I think for National.

If these were reversed and we had a -12 for a high and low in Nov you'd be screaming bloody murder if we that like the 'colder side' of things were saying the same for that day about how great it was. I thankfully have an 'out' (course it costs me a 4 hour flight and the money to get there) that son is in Breck and I can get away when I want to now, others just have to suffer and I feel for them greatly.

It was warm and dry, FFS.

Why can't you people just enjoy it?

We're actually running behind normal for first 85+.. though kinda silly to parse 84s v 85s I guess. 

This is about as friendly of a warm up as you can get outside one in like Feb/Mar. Let's revisit the whining in a few weeks if it persists. :P 

We're actually running behind normal for first 85+.. though kinda silly to parse 84s v 85s I guess.

This is about as friendly of a warm up as you can get outside one in like Feb/Mar. Let's revisit the whining in a few weeks if it persists. :P

Looks like we get a transient trough moving through inside of 10 days when the pv right over the pole presses SE into GL but overall a pretty pleasant look. D10-15 look around normal to probably above but not hot. Weeklies show a continuation of relatively flat ul flow in the east through the second half of the month. No big ridge yet.

So far, May is looking to be pretty boring from an anomalous wx perspective.

If the death ridge persists, not only will we have to deal with another 2010-2012, but we'll have to (again) deal with Judah Cohen talking about how awesome he is for calling for a warm summer.

May/June was hot last year and then took a pleasant turn in July/August so I'm hoping for a repeat... somehow. Much like last year, the rain is disappearing when we actually need it... grass is starting to burn up already.

Yep, definitely don't get the "it's such a beautiful May day" thing. This is not even a "good" day for July and/or August Fact is I mowed my grass yesterday in order to avoid having to do it today (or any other day this week) in the heat. Should not have to avoid doing outside activities already at the beginning of May. 84F currently and still plenty of time to go higher.

Sounds like you just don't like summer. I would take this ANY day over the cold. Summer is awesome especially when it's not in the 90s. Great pool/beach weather, softball, picnic, convertible etc weather. without snow winter sucks. I don't like freezing my ass off wearing 3 layers and that's probably how most people think I would imagine.

Archived