CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Modicum Mauler (II) - April 8, 2015

NorEastermass128

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ice storm is pushing it. Like a tenth or less of accretion. That's like calling an inch of snow a snowstorm. :lol:

Nice little parting event tho.

Yeah, it was a nice little coating.  Roads were fine though, even at 1000'.  I wish the snow dusting was a little better but I'll take what we get.  I still need 1.8" to break 100" but that's a topic for another thread!

Nothing has changed since my last post. All Rain outside of a few mixed in pellets yesterday afternoon. The past 2 weeks have firmly reminded me that... SORRY GUYS.... this was NOT the best winter of my life.  It was the Greatest for sure.  Undoubtably.  But for favorite or best in my backyard, 2002-2003 and 2010-2011 will continue to battle in my mind. As amazing as the stretch was, it was only 41 days. All of December was a disaster, 3/4 of January - A disaster, April saw others around see snow 3 times with me at 0. As cold as it was in March, the 14" of snow I got fell in 0-3" storms that melted Quickly. And guess how many 6"+ events I had other than the big 4? I had 26 measurable events. So out of the 22...

ZERO!! All 22 non-Big 4 events were 5.5" or less! That's what Ray has been complaining about so much, and I agree with him.

In total: When on January 23rd I'm contemplating in my head weather this is 1st, 2nd or 3rd Worst winter of my life, I refuse, no Matter HOW good the rest was, to end up calling up Best.  

And if this is the Final event of the season, I have been annoyed the past 2 weeks and Very much annoyed with this event.  The last snow of a season can not be this negative.  I won' allow a winter with a sour ending to be #1 which is my problem with 2010-2011.  I sound like Ray now lol.  

2002-2003, my First ever winter that I fully tracked and detailed, will likely continue to be #1 for me in terms of favorites.  82" and Snow on the ground every day from late-December to this time in April.  Brutal cold.  My #1 favorite storm included.  2014-2015 was surely the Greatest Winter.  Just not the Best.  

Nothing has changed since my last post. All Rain outside of a few mixed in pellets yesterday afternoon. The past 2 weeks have firmly reminded me that... SORRY GUYS.... this was NOT the best winter of my life.  It was the Greatest for sure.  Undoubtably.  But for favorite or best in my backyard, 2002-2003 and 2010-2011 will continue to battle in my mind. As amazing as the stretch was, it was only 41 days. All of December was a disaster, 3/4 of January - A disaster, April saw others around see snow 3 times with me at 0. As cold as it was in March, the 14" of snow I got fell in 0-3" storms that melted Quickly. And guess how many 6"+ events I had other than the big 4? I had 26 measurable events. So out of the 22...

ZERO!! All 22 non-Big 4 events were 5.5" or less! That's what Ray has been complaining about so much, and I agree with him.

In total: When on January 23rd I'm contemplating in my head weather this is 1st, 2nd or 3rd Worst winter of my life, I refuse, no Matter HOW good the rest was, to end up calling up Best.  

And if this is the Final event of the season, I have been annoyed the past 2 weeks and Very much annoyed with this event.  The last snow of a season can not be this negative.  I won' allow a winter with a sour ending to be #1 which is my problem with 2010-2011.  I sound like Ray now lol.  

2002-2003, my First ever winter that I fully tracked and detailed, will likely continue to be #1 for me in terms of favorites.  82" and Snow on the ground every day from late-December to this time in April.  Brutal cold.  My #1 favorite storm included.  2014-2015 was surely the Greatest Winter.  Just not the Best.  

You should trade places with Hubbdave...he hates a whole bunch of 6" events (and missing out on the monster storm totals) and you seem to prefer them over the monster storms. Perfect trade. :lol:

No way...2nd half of March that season was a furnace...you were definitely melted out by 3/20 in 2003.

Early April went back to winter for a week though...that part is true.

Nice liittle end of season event for orh county. Still flurrying back home per the wife.miserable mist here in natick.

I was surprised at how much sleet/snow accumulated in the predawn hours...there wasn't much late last night. Just some decent glaze. Had about quarter inch measurable on winter hill of snow/sleet.

But even then areas to the E and NE did about as well. All I'm saying is RI doesn't first come to mind for classic SNE snow storms. Enter Ginx with about 12" of OES on south winds.

Prob not, but that may also be biased by population distribution...interior N RI (like N Foster) is a real weenie spot that gets overlooked because this I think. They jackpotted in several SNE snowstorms (Apr 1996 is one that comes to mind off top of my head).

Somewhere like Foxboro might be a little better for jackpots in KUs, but the difference isn't large.

Prob not, but that may also be biased by population distribution...interior N RI (like N Foster) is a real weenie spot that gets overlooked because this I think. They jackpotted in several SNE snowstorms (Apr 1996 is one that comes to mind off top of my head).

Somewhere like Foxboro might be a little better for jackpots in KUs, but the difference isn't large.

Foster is better for sure. I agree with NW RI. But outside of that 20 square mile area, I'd rather be further E or NE than Cumberland RI for 12-15"+ events. Just seems like that area can be screwed at times. Not like srn RI obviously.

Archived