Newest Member
    CHSVol
Modicum Mauler (II) - April 8, 2015

NorEastermass128

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You might not

I know you are joking, but this is not the norm. I'm do for a slapping. Ray and Will stuffing into their Romanian mob hideaway and viciously beating me with a snow stick. That's why I enjoy the big ones (both storms and winter as a whole), they don't come around often.

After this year, hard not to feel that way. I grew up in salem it was a great spot to take advantage of ocean storms but in general sucked for snow compared with my current location. Weymouth is probably fairly similar to salem big storm wise, Maybe Weymouth is a bit better though since its not right on the water (less ocean taint). I agree both locations seem better than RI for big snow storms.

We are talking like 2-4 inch amounts really and there are times like 78/93/96 where they did better in the megastorms

After this year, hard not to feel that way. I grew up in salem it was a great spot to take advantage of ocean storms but in general sucked for snow compared with my current location. Weymouth is probably fairly similar to salem big storm wise, Maybe Weymouth is a bit better though since its not right on the water (less ocean taint). I agree both locations seem better than RI for big snow storms.

It actually is on the water. It's elongated SSW-NNE though by over 6-7 miles.

It's feast or famine sometimes. In general, if there is good high pressure and cold, it's gonna snow quite a bit. Retreating high and east winds....down the drain.

I've never led either.  I'm starting to think that my spot is only good for early and late season dustings and light glaze while others rain.  For the "heart" of winter I can't see that this spot has any greater advantage then others further east and southeast. The only wins I really get are where I see 8" and the eastern flatlanders see 4"....ooooo wowwww...I'd rather get a 30" bomb and sacrifice missing out on a few inches in November and March IMHO

I've never led either. I'm starting to think that my spot is only good for early and late season dustings and light glaze while others rain. For the "heart" of winter I can't see that this spot has any greater advantage then others further east and southeast. The only wins I really get are where I see 8" and the eastern flatlanders see 4"....ooooo wowwww...I'd rather get a 30" bomb and sacrifice missing out on a few inches in November and March IMHO

You are a victim of recent confirmation bias. I can't believe this flatlander has to tell you that.

You are a victim of recent confirmation bias. I can't believe this flatlander has to tell you that.

Yeah, he's lived there for like 2 years. :lol:

Guess he hasn't experienced any 2000-2001's or 2002-2003s or 1992-1993s or 1986-1987s or 1971-1972s or....you get the picture

LOL, I know I know, but the global warming alarmists said this is the new normal! So are you saying they're wrong? 

I always get a kick of debbie downing my area where I live for snow, but yet talk up the snow for you interior higher elevation people. Cracks me up.

Sucks that it's over. But what a wild ride it's been every day and week since Jan 24th. Now it's dews and heat and damaging t-storms. Many folks will now leave the board not to be seen nor heard from until October

Are you kidding? One of the great ways to pass the lazy, climatologically cool summers around 42N latitude is reading your attempts to summon Floridian high heat and humidity from Patriots Day through Columbus Day. I START reading around now. This is where you shine, Rev.

Archived