• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
3/28/2015 IVT Discussion/Observations

SR Airglow

Impressive that south coast / Weymouth already ~ 1 inch.

Boston metro has snowed pretty good for several hours (0.5-1 mile visibilities) but not much to show for it yet, grass or otherwise.

We would have had an inch easily by now in February  / sub-freezing temps.

DPs generally around 30 so still have room to wetbulb down.

Disco by Box, we should do better as the afternoon progresses and IVT snows develop more:

Forecast pretty much still on track. Have received a few 2-inch reports but mainly from grassy surfaces and not pavement. Band of
heaviest precipitation stretched across Cape Cod and the islands as of 2 PM but there were other bands embedded within the large
area of light snow covering much of southern New England. We are watching an increasing area of snow coverage across central and
southern Connecticut. High resolution models show this area moving eastward into Rhode Island and portions of central/eastern Massachusetts between 3 PM and 6 PM. Then...it looks like precipitation begins to become more scattered into the evening hours and mainly concentrated along the south coasts of Rhode Island and Massachusetts.

Temperatures will begin to fall below freezing toward evening in southeast Massachusetts and Rhode Island...so should begin to see snow sticking to Road surfaces.

Overall storm totals of 1 to 3 inches of snow are possible in some areas...especially higher terrain. 

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This essentially a white rain. Nothing has stuck anywhere, the piles have a thin coating at most.

Painfully obvious when you have a protracted period of meager fall rates centered around high noon, under a mid September sun.

Duh...

I'm ready for shorts and baseball....spare the diatribe RE how I'll have to wait awhile for warmth...noted in advance.

Me. on the other hand, is a mile wide and an inch deep as far as winter is concerned.

I'm generally opposite of many, especially Ray, when it comes to QPF. Give me an inch that doesn't melt right away and I'm generally happy. :weenie:

Same here. Most agree. Any snow is wanted and good snow. The alternative is 48 and windy with mud. This time of year you take any and all snow and you welcome it with Open Arms. Just adds to the totals

Archived