joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Congratulations on #1, Boston

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh I know... this morning was thinking we had a 30-70 shot with the consistent RGEMs, but doubtful now as boundary layer is way too warm. More just intrigued by the squall potential at this point, and how much we can dynamically cool. The HRRRs still have a decent squall line coming through 5-6pm.

And for the Tippy side in me, I'm entertained by how close we can get without breaking it after multiple tries.

Fully expect it will be broken in the next 10 days.

A part of me doesn't really want to break the annual record.

This winter was defined by persistent cold from nearly start to finish w historic cold in February and OF COURSE historic record crushing snows for about a 25 day period for Pike To NE mass, and i could argue a longer epic 40 day period for E CT to RI to SE mass and parts of Cape (they did worse in first 25 days but crushed N of pike areas after Feb 15)

The part of me that doesn't want to break the annual record this year feels this way bc i want it remembered for what it was in Boston . A out of this world 25 day period where we demolished records to a degree That is staggering . Where we had powder KU after powder 2-3' bomb that buried areas back to back to back. But met winters first 50+ days were way below normal snowfall wise . Way below. Since February 15, below ave snow N mass.

I bet we never topped +2 here at the office aloft. The problem was a layer from the surface to 850 mb that was above freezing.

CAA wasn't as quick as progged either, because that layer took a long time to drop back below freezing.

Thought that it would have mixed out as the lighter precip fell as snow and when the heavier echoes moved in it changed to rain instead of cooling and snow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I with you. I would find it comical to fail and then everyone can blame Ray for starting that thread...lol

On a different note, I yearn for mild wx. 45/27 days are completely useless. When it snaps hopefully it snaps hard. But I'll take the snow but not really seriously until we're within 2-3 days.

Agree Fella & N. of Pike... these pathetic attempts at the record are not fitting of the pretty sacred 5 week stretch we had in eastern SNE.

Without a doubt, I'd prefer to not break the record with these lame squeakers... until we get a KU finale.

half inch at a time car toppers? In ten years you will not remember the how just the number and the meat.

Archived