Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Severe storms 2015 general chatter

Ian

Corn fuel  

64 members have voted

1. 1. When will DCA report its first spring thunder?

2. 2. How many days with severe weather watches in the subforum in 2015?

I'm out of town so my boring streak is still alive and well. Hoping there will be another round before the pattern breaks. I land at Dulles at 430 Tuesday so maybe I can get in before the possible storms.

I think Tuesday will have SOMETHING. Tons of CAPE but I'd assume downsloping would hurt us. Might be one of those days where there's a lot well north of us and one or two isolated but INTENSE cells i our area. Yoda said that ConvT for Tuesday is over 100 degrees lol

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RGEM is much more intense late Tuesday, it's really up in the air. Seems like 2500+ CAPE is likely. Really isolated shot though.

What exactly does it show? Just a brief synopsis would be much appreciated :)

Yeah I think CAPE should be pretty bonkers tomorrow but it seems like best forcing will be mainly off to the north and west. It's close enough though to keep an eye out. It's definitely not going to be as widespread as Saturday with Bill. 

Or IS it????

How about a scenario where it charges across the mountains, splits around EastCoastNPZ and then re-forms in time for the beltways? Totally believeable...

doesnt that happen anyway given he is living in a desert while we are all using our canoes to get to work?

his fingers thank you. you saved him from the pain of typing

lol.

I'm starting to wonder if his rain gauge works right.  The nearest CoCoRaHS to him has had a healthy 4" and change of rain in June.

I wish that were it, but it's not.  The storm tracks are distinct around here and reoccurring. I have witnessed T-storms fire up 1/4 mile east of here countless times only to leave me in bright afternoon sun while drenching rains are falling just on the other side of I-81.  My in-laws were incredulous about the lack of storms here; then they moved into my neighborhood in April.  Now they believe.  

I'm more worried about his mental state than his rain gauge. 

Summers are usually iffy.  

FrMHixU.gif

It seems people are not believing me, so do you believe WSI?

Here is the precip from this weekend.  You'll have to blow it up to see clearly, but note that almost target-like hole > 0.25" contour centered over SE Frederick Co, just to the N of Warren Co.?  That is me, and something similar to this usually occurs in every convection-type event. Welcome to my world.   Leave your umbrellas at home.

doesnt that happen anyway given he is living in a desert while we are all using our canoes to get to work?

He's 15 miles to my south. Meanwhile, here in the tropical northern regions of the county, I've drained water from my pool 3 times in the past 10 days.

FrMHixU.gif

It seems people are not believing me, so do you believe WSI?

Here is the precip from this weekend. You'll have to blow it up to see clearly, but note that almost target-like hole > 0.25" contour centered over SE Frederick Co, just to the N of Warren Co.? That is me, and something similar to this usually occurs in every convection-type event. Welcome to my world. Leave your umbrellas at home.

Those maps are useless, IMO.

Archived