Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mar 10 - Easter Weekend model/threat discussion thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whenever you shorten the wave lengths and stick the trough under blocking you are inviting trouble.

It is just what the atmosphere sometimes does.

The models are hinting at blocking by 10. Both ensembles see it . " if " it happens then you are going go wild.

The sun may be close to OCT but temps are NOV like

But with cold water .

The Atlantic is what could lock this off for 2 weeks and put spring on hold until April 1

Yeah, I like the PV getting forced down to the natural 50/50 position around day 10

and beyond on the ensemble means. Beyond April 1st all that cold water is signaling

plenty of back door potential. I can't remember seeing SST's this cold south of Long Island

in March before.

It about 100% likely the month finishes below normal throughout the NYC area...25% of the month is in the rear view mirror and you already are looking at -10 DFN's. Finishing above normal would be like trying to win the election after you lost Texas, New York, Florida, & California...very close to a mathematical impossibility.

She can stay afloat with the first four compartments breached...but not five. From this point forth, Titanic will founder.

But this ship can't sink...

She's made of iron sir...she can & she will. It is a mathematical certainty.

I'll never let go

Yeah, I like the PV getting forced down to the natural 50/50 position around day 10

and beyond on the ensemble means. Beyond April 1st all that cold water is signaling

plenty of back door potential. I can't remember seeing SST's this cold south of Long Island

in March before.

ecmwf-ens_z500a_nhem_11.png

I think this could be one of the biggest "backdoor" springs we've had in very long time. Those SSTS are frigid

When i read these posts i just want to delete my self and move to the tropics. I HATE THE SNOW AND ICE.. HATE

You're not alone. I do like the occasional snowstorm, but I always hate the aftermath, and I can do without ice. If I moved to a warmer climate (which I'm interested in doing), I wouldn't miss any of it.

I think this could be one of the biggest "backdoor" springs we've had in very long time. Those SSTS are frigid

I agree one hundred percent. It blows as there is nothing worse then 40s with fog and drizzle in late April/may.

Tremendous melting today in the city. North facing shady areas are still at least 8" though

I like Vermont for a ton of snow the next couple weeks as elevation becomes important again this time of year. It's possible we sneak in another event

Guest Pamela

You're not alone. I do like the occasional snowstorm, but I always hate the aftermath, and I can do without ice. If I moved to a warmer climate (which I'm interested in doing), I wouldn't miss any of it.

But you told me you *already* reside in a subtropical climate!  :)

Yanks beat the Nats.

I was shocked that Ruffing outpitched Johnson...

*Edit: Shows where my head is...Red Ruffing was still with Boston when Walter Johnson retired; he was traded to the Yankees around 1930, IIRC. 

If I'm going to fictionalize; I had best do it properly and insert someone like Jack Chesbro to face The Big Train. 

Yanks beat the Nats.

Good omen if you ask me.

Yanks unfortunately have NO hitting at all. It's going to be very tough for them IMO to score over 4 runs in a game unless several of the below average hitters on the team (of which there are many) in the regular line-up pull off a huge surprise!

WX/PT

What is there to HATE about snow?

In 2003 i centrally ruptured 2 discs in my spine, a snow related injury. i could not walk for 6 months. I have never been normal since, i seriously damaged my life. Today i spend a lot of money and time to have the snow cleaned up in my long drive way and around my home, one fall and i could lose the ability to walk, for good. I hate the snow and ice.

In 2003 i centrally ruptured 2 discs in my spine, a snow related injury. i could not walk for 6 months. I have never been normal since, i seriously damaged my life. Today i spend a lot of money and time to have the snow cleaned up in my long drive way and around my home, one fall and i could lose the ability to walk, for good. I hate the snow and ice.

Oy. My mom hates it because of her knees. She can't figure out why I like it so much.

But you told me you *already* reside in a subtropical climate!  :)

I was shocked that Ruffing outpitched Johnson...

*Edit: Shows where my head is...Red Ruffing was still with Boston when Walter Johnson retired; he was traded to the Yankees around 1930, IIRC. 

If I'm going to fictionalize; I had best do it properly and insert someone like Jack Chesbro to face The Big Train. 

"Yanks beat Nats"

Pamela, I believe Chesbro was never a "Yank". Back then they were called the Highlanders. :)

Guest Pamela

"Yanks beat Nats"

Pamela, I believe Chesbro was never a "Yank". Back then they were called the Highlanders. :)

Yep...but same franchise. 

Guest Pamela

Great model thread.

We're in the midst of a lull...which allows for a fraction more creative license than usual.

The 00z Euro is not even close to this look, it tracks over LI. But here is where the 6z gfs goes, what's a few hundred miles between friends

attachicon.gifgfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_24.png

The key to the whole forecast is the location of the high to the north. The GFS is currently the only model which

keeps it anchored over New England allowing a colder solution. The Euro/CMC/Ukmet track the high further

east offshore allowing the low and warmer temps to track further north.

The key to the whole forecast is the location of the high to the north. The GFS is currently the only model which

keeps it anchored over New England allowing a colder solution. The Euro/CMC/Ukmet track the high further

So what's the statistical likelihood that the GFS is correct?

Absolutely. I'm not really a big fan of this particular set-up. I think the better potential is after this time period.

Archived