• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mar 10 - Easter Weekend model/threat discussion thread

I was more giddy on this pattern producing a large scale storm when the upper level energy was forecasted to drop into the trough over the plains and reinforce the large closed ULL. Now this has evolved into a weaker ULL, an elongated trough and a northern stream shortwave that doesn't dig nearly deep enough.

So the end result appears to be an unraveling ULL with some gulf moisture injection that will ultimately get sheared out and shunted East by the approaching northern stream energy.

The strong blocking high that was showing up about five days ago is now nothing more than a distant memory.

Overall, very meh and very disappointing.

Uh? The models always had a change to colder weather after the 18.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is a forecast backed up by the guidance . No one is certain that it has to snow , but some of you don`t understand what 500 mb patterns like this yield .

Too many are stuck on the Calender and not the atmosphere and it`s response and that is an awful approach to solving weather .

I just got done reading " I doubt the models are right " .

There is too much on front of us to simply dismiss it . It is a potential pattern that could yield a late season cut off that will matter .

We are on the verge of turning into spring , but that looks to be 20 days away before we finally put this winter weather behind us .

People dont want to accept the fact that this upcoming pattern has a chance of producing accumulating snow.

Yep. Too much phasing.

At this point I'm done with snow/winter weather. I'm hopeful to cash in on some big rainers this cut off season after last Springs snooze fest. I don't even need a lot of rain out of the system, would just be nice to get an intense system instead of all the weak sauce that has been the theme for months.

colder pattern? I doubt the models are right. Spring is in the air guys. No more snow! I doubt we get another inch. We may get some snow showers and flurries as these upcoming systems wind down but a full blown snowstorm I highly doubt it. It's so against the odds. Enjoy spring though

While you're right about climo, your pattern recognition is god awful. Just look at the long range on the models. -EPO , +PNA and -AO/-NAO. It's screaming something big regardless of precip type.

Once it starts going - snowcone consistency, doggie pee spots, plant particulate - I really have no interest in keeping it around. 

Last Friday, different story.

Get rid of this dastardly mess! Bring on a new snow-cover!! I wonder if the Euro has anything in so far as snow on the back-end of this weekend's storm. I will have the maps in 15 minutes. I think the focus per the GGEM should be more on the back-end than the front-end if anything. The rest is

lots of rain.

WX/PT

Once it starts going - snowcone consistency, doggie pee spots, plant particulate - I really have no interest in keeping it around. 

Last Friday, different story.

yeah, it's pretty gross looking around here.  It's mostly ice crystals at this point versus snow.   I tossed an old apple out in the back yard for the birds and it literally bounced off the glacier.  

Get rid of this dastardly mess! Bring on a new snow-cover!! I wonder if the Euro has anything in so far as snow on the back-end of this weekend's storm. I will have the maps in 15 minutes. I think the focus per the GGEM should be more on the back-end than the front-end if anything. The rest is

lots of rain.

WX/PT

It has a few inches on the front end N&W and nothing on the backend. 

colder pattern? I doubt the models are right. Spring is in the air guys. No more snow! I doubt we get another inch. We may get some snow showers and flurries as these upcoming systems wind down but a full blown snowstorm I highly doubt it. It's so against the odds. Enjoy spring though

Hardly! Its snowed end of march even beginning of April many many times even here in CNJ! All you weather geeks should be able to more than bear this out "factoidly"!

Hardly! Its snowed end of march even beginning of April many many times even here in CNJ! All you weather geeks should be able to more than bear this out "factoidly"!

no I know that it could snow well into April. In fact we had snow just last April here measured over an inch in my areas. The teleconnections may be the only thing that could help us in achieving a snowstorm in our area this time of the year. Those will be favorable and I hope we can get a snowstorm I would love that but it's against all odds. We would need a really dynamic low pressure (nor'easter) to get the job done before that we need a strong cold front and a strong high pressure centered around Montreal, Canada. It could happen sometime next week! I hope it does lol take care sir!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived