Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mar 10 - Easter Weekend model/threat discussion thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The hour 240 storm of the euro looks really interesting but its in weenie land.

The timing will be everything. If the block peaks a few days too soon it will let the low take a warmer track.

It has to thread the needle and come out while the block is still strong enough to force it underneath for a

colder track.

Because all he ever does is troll and it's obvious that he posted that just to get a rise out of the people that are still holding onto Winter weather chances.

Call a spade a spade.

If you are holding on to winter chances for late March, especially after the winter we've had, you need some self-examination.

If you are holding on to winter chances for late March, especially after the winter we've had, you need some self-examination.

I'm not holding onto Winter weather chances. My personal preference would be for six inches of rain this weekend, happy now?

A troll is a troll is a troll, period.

The phrase "holding on" implicates something non-scientific. Regardless of what our desires are for spring or no spring, an objective analysis of the upcoming pattern reveals a heightened likelihood for colder than normal temperatures from March 18th through the end of the month at least (probably into April). While we may very well go through the period cold / dry, the probabilities are increased relative to normal for snowfall accumulation due to the presence of an anomalous mid level ridge near Greenland / Davis Straights which is historically conducive for wintry precipitation in the Northeast. Again, nothing may occur, but the upcoming pattern will be cold relative to normal, and there may be one or more threats for wintry precip in the Northeastern US through early April. Whether or not we want something to occur should be immaterial in a scientific discussion. The truth is that it will not feel like spring in the sense of prolonged 60F+ temperatures for quite sometime, through the next 2-3 weeks at least most likely.

One thing I notice is that the PNA peaks before the AO bottoms, and the NAO bottoms after that. I think that's why we aren't seeing the cross-polar stronger intrusion of cold, it looks like the indices that represent the pattern drivers aren't in sync for deep cold. I'd expect things to trend towards slightly below to below. rather than strong below average.

Archived