joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 3rd Snow/Sleet/FreezingRain/Rain Observations

IsentropicLift

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Snowed moderately for about an hour here in Rahway (at work) - about 1/2" or so on the ground - and it just changed to sleet.  I'm assuming things are very similar in Metuchen/Edison...

Sleet in Colonia, rt 1 was fairly clear, you'll be fine. They were salting heavy all over the place. These storms are fairly predictable. We should probably avoid serious icing, we'll see. I will be on my way to Rahway hospital later. You should probably leave; if your company is like most in the field ( and it's pretty obvious where you are ) they are pretty flexible with time. Wife's been in biotech for years and never had set hours.

Stop.

Completely legit. Asphalt absorbs heat during the day so regardless if it's close to sunset that latent heat kept the snow from accumulating despite heavy rates. Not sure why everyone freaks out over the sun angle thing.

Playing ping pong on the upper west side now.

1.5 fell prior to change over so we actually underperformed for uptons map. Lots and lots of sleet to go

Temp here now down to 26F and the snow is getting a little steadier and heavier.  Just a coating on paved surfaces so far, except for my magical driveway.  There are no buried heating elements and I've never put as much as a grain of salt on it.  We are accustomed to having less snow on the driveway; the neighbors are a bit envious.

Driveway gloat photo from about 10 minutes ago:

post-290-0-57580000-1425422796_thumb.jpg

Completely legit. Asphalt absorbs heat during the day so regardless if it's close to sunset that latent heat kept the snow from accumulating despite heavy rates. Not sure why everyone freaks out over the sun angle thing.

1.5 fell prior to change over so we actually underperformed for uptons map. Lots and lots of sleet to go

Is there anything that backs this up?

Moderate sleet in Brooklyn.

Well then my asphalt is different than yours, because i accumulated immediately. We "freak out" because its nonsense.

Archived