joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 3rd Snow/Sleet/FreezingRain/Rain Observations

IsentropicLift

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

33 and rain is the worst weather on the planet.  Either be 50+ with rain or snow.

Last night when I was driving to LGA in the sleet and freezing rain I was very happy when my car thermometer hit 33F.

I went from 28F at home with heavy freezing rain at 8PM to 35F and rain by the time I reached the RFK bridge about an hour later. Broke freezing around Hackensack.

Lost in all of the wailing and gnashing of teeth over the 12z model runs is the fact that this is the warmest day in 2 months (away from the water that is). The temperature is up to 48F here.

First big sea breeze of the season. And a sign of things to come. 38 when I left the house in wantagh an hours ago

Made it to 43 here before the rain...still a couple of degrees below normal ,so streak continues of no above normal highs since Jan 25th.

This has been the king of all back-loaded weak El Nino winters for cold combined with snow. Several people

had me do climo research for them on Florida recently as they can't wait to retire there. We love

this kind of weather. But I am hearing plenty of frustration from people I speak with about how they can't

take these winters here anymore. 

Archived