joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Celebratory Annointing of a New King: 2015

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well in all seriousness...hopefully we get some snow Thursday for that record. Gets a lot harder if we don't.

If we are really down to the wire on 3.7 inches by Thursday morning... a lot of pressure on the guy going out to measure at Logan. A record of maybe a generation, better get it right either way.

https://nwschat.weather.gov/p.php?pid=201503010553-KBOX-NOUS41-PNSBOX

Can someone explain this, why does it say Boston has the all time snowiest seasonal snowfall record? And that the old record is 81.5 set back in 93-94? Where did 95-96 go? I hope I'm looking at this right because it says Boston.

Also it states Worcester is the all time snowiest and the previous record is 86.7 set back in 04-05. This all seems wrong, what am I missing here.

That refers to a meteorological season, be it fall (September-November), winter (December-February), or spring (March-May). The December-February snowfall for Boston was 99.4", which demolished the previous seasonal figure of 81.5" from 1993-94 (also December-February).

Of course, the reference can be a little confusing, as "snow seasons" stretch from July 1 through June 30. 1995-96 with 107.6" holds that record with 2014-15 close behind with 104.1".

As great as this winter has been it would definitely sting if Boston doesn't take the record after coming so close. If only the last 2 storms had produced more for the city it would have broken it by now. I am holding out hope that tonight's snow overproduces because Thursday is not looking too good now.

Same here..

So, I flew out of KBOS early this afternoon, while it was still lightly raining, for work this week at the NWS Training Center in Kansas City.  What happens?  Damn snow band sets up across east coastal Mass., including KBOS, and they go and break the record.  Was following the flurry (hehe) of tweets this evening here in KC, where temp was 74 degrees and sunny! (Boy it feels good!)  

So, when's the party that Cory was talking about on Twitter?  I saw that Mayor Walsh kiboshed the duck boat parade!  (HEHE!)

Hell, might as well obliterate the previous record.  I'm supposed to be flying home on Friday evening.  I hope, anyway....

--Turtle  

Same here..

So, I flew out of KBOS early this afternoon, while it was still lightly raining, for work this week at the NWS Training Center in Kansas City.  What happens?  Damn snow band sets up across east coastal Mass., including KBOS, and they go and break the record.  Was following the flurry (hehe) of tweets this evening here in KC, where temp was 74 degrees and sunny! (Boy it feels good!)  

So, when's the party that Cory was talking about on Twitter?  I saw that Mayor Walsh kiboshed the duck boat parade!  (HEHE!)

Hell, might as well obliterate the previous record.  I'm supposed to be flying home on Friday evening.  I hope, anyway....

--Turtle  

Gonna be at the same place that we all met at last time, I think.

Found the messages in the other thread, Ray.  Funky's in Worcester, right?  Geez, went by there yesterday!  Weird.

Thanks!

--Turtle  

Found the messages in the other thread, Ray.  Funky's in Worcester, right?  Geez, went by there yesterday!  Weird.

Thanks!

--Turtle  

Nah, it was another place in Boston...forget the name of it.

Someone will mention it.....fitting that the celebratory gtg be in Boston.

Archived