joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
3/1-3/2 Winter Storm

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It finally sees LP off to the south now .

PB, I've been riding your train sir. This is another 4" event in Manhattan. Models are trending in the right direction. RGEM may be a tick too far south. Euro is too far north with temp profiles being too warm too fast. I like the RGEM, plus a 10-15 mile adjustment North.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PB, I've been riding your train sir. This is another 4" event in Manhattan. Models are trending in the right direction. RGEM may be a tick too far south. Euro is too far north with temp profiles being too warm too fast. I like the RGEM, plus a 10-15 mile adjustment North.

Sent from my iPhone

Thank you .

I think its 4 to 6 in and around the city  and 6 to 8 N of 80 . But do not be surprised if the N shore of Long Island is 6 plus .

Thank you .

I think its 4 to 6 in and around the city and 6 to 8 N of 80 . But do not be surprised if the N shore of Long Island is 6 plus .

North shore of Long Island is its own micro climate. The bluffs really insulate it, and the sound, especially this time of year, does nothing to warm it up. I've seen many times where the LIE is the dividing line between sn+ and rn/ip. I remember in the February 2013 blizzard driving down William Floyd and it was horrific from 25a to 495. Once I hit 495, it switched to heavy sleet and rain. The difference over approximately a mile was about twelve inches.

North shore of Long Island is its own micro climate. The bluffs really insulate it, and the sound, especially this time of year, does nothing to warm it up. I've seen many times where the LIE is the dividing line between sn+ and rn/ip. I remember in the February 2013 blizzard driving down William Floyd and it was horrific from 25a to 495. Once I hit 495, it switched to heavy sleet and rain. The difference over approximately a mile was about twelve inches.

I agree .

Moved to Laurel Hollow  in 02   . It is just a different world at times than the S shore .  

What's very interesting is when the coastal fronts set up on the South Shore or from SW to NE; I've seen it really enhance precipitation amounts on the N/NW side.

I like the look of the 4k NAM . Your point shows up well right up the spine and on the N side .

It still looks like a 6-10" event for a lot of places.

Nice hold . The models came to you and J .

You were mocked yesterday for that call . KNYC 6 - Putnam , Dutchess , Upper West  and SW CT could see 10 . As per the RGEM and His res NAM .

Thought this was a warning event  with 6 from yesterday , however I only expect UPTON to go 2 to 4 at KNYC this afternoon .

Nice hold . The models came to you and J .

You were mocked yesterday for that call . KNYC 6 - Putnam , Dutchess , Upper West and SW CT could see 10 . As per the RGEM and His res NAM .

Thought this was a warning event with 6 from yesterday , however I only expect UPTON to go 2 to 4 at KNYC this afternoon .

Hey, did you see the Upton discussion this morning? They are calling for a crazy fast, short duration event, starting like 3-4pm tomorrow and ending late tomorrow night before midnight or very early morning morning for eastern areas

Archived