joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
3/1-3/2 Winter Storm

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It does look like the 0 C isotherm at 925 mb moves to the north of NYC & LI...a fair amount falls before it moves through...but that would indicate a changeover on Sunday night. 

safe to say another messy Monday morning commute for most areas

Its the NAM at 48 - 54...not something to bet anything more than a nickel over; but it does provide some guidance.  In my experience; with these so called SWFE's...the models tend to start cold when the event first shows up on the charts 5 days out or so...the next 4 days, the model runs have a tendency to become progressively warmer...until the last 24 hours; when temperatures back down just a bit.

Its the NAM at 48 - 54...not something to bet anything more than a nickel over; but it does provide some guidance. In my experience; with these so called SWFE's...the models tend to start cold when the event first shows up on the charts 5 days out or so...the next 4 days, the model runs have a tendency to become progressively warmer...until the last 24 hours; when temperatures back down just a bit.

yeah I agree ; I think it's ridiculous to try and guess snow amounts etc ..by sat oz suite will have better guidance ..IMO

Its the NAM at 48 - 54...not something to bet anything more than a nickel over; but it does provide some guidance. In my experience; with these so called SWFE's...the models tend to start cold when the event first shows up on the charts 5 days out or so...the next 4 days, the model runs have a tendency to become progressively warmer...until the last 24 hours; when temperatures back down just a bit.

I don't understand why the NAM is being taken as gospel right now either Pam, it's a horrible model, but it shows a lot of snow so....

Archived