joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
3/1-3/2 Winter Storm

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The UKMET is still a relative dumpster fire for anyone wanting bigger snow, this event concerns me more for FZRA than anything, this event really lacks any strong east or southeast flow once its well underway to warm the surface, I'd be worried again about possible significant icing, snow may not be a big concern overall

The UKMET is still a relative dumpster fire for anyone wanting bigger snow, this event concerns me more for FZRA than anything, this event really lacks any strong east or southeast flow once its well underway to warm the surface, I'd be worried again about possible significant icing, snow may not be a big concern overall

How is it for C, the 12Z UKMET looked great for inland CT, has it changed much?

Can you post some maps? WxBell takes like 3 extra hours to update UK.

My gut says that is too far south, most of these types of storms this season has the main area of snow just north of the city. I am thinking the NAM, GFS solution is most likely.

Agree, I am very concerned about .50 inch of PL/ZR and ice storm warning criteria on Long Island, more than 6 inches of snow. I am also very concerned that Wednesday's event will get much colder on guidance and becomes 6-8 inches of snow for our area with .25 inch ice.  This will cut either over or just SE of us, as a much weaker low. Bet on it. We'll see better trends tomorrow with classic 50/50 low. Do not worry about -PNA being completely bad for this. Comments..

The NAM is .5 to .75 which looks right. The 0 line at 850 is just S of the Driscoll bridge and is colder than it was 0z . That should continue to correct S towards the Canadian.

What people have been missing is SLP is passing to your S , so you cut the S off . The system is pos tilted so you can mute the warmth in the mid levels.

The models have all been trending wetter and colder like . It is was the point I was making yesterday.

My gut says that is too far south, most of these types of storms this season has the main area of snow just north of the city. I am thinking the NAM, GFS solution is most likely.

It probably is slightly, here is the 06Z RGEM, has some spots near NYC with 7-9 inches, the last 2 storms the RGEM and GGEM have had a slight southward bias beyond 36 hours so that may be happening here.

SN_000-048_0000.gif

Archived