joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 21-22 Storm Observations

Rtd208

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess I was right about a few inches that would melt anyway. Whatever I received has already compacted to maybe an inch and a half and it's raining at 33F.

no way, it's 30f in east brunswick right now and i have some serious ice accretion occuring on all surfaces. quit your bull. 

it's also 30f at the rutgers weather station which is located off Ryders lane in east brunswick

http://synoptic.envsci.rutgers.edu/site/

jm what are your obs? since you're a part of these discussions, and always will be, i am truly curious about the current conditions in Austin, Texas :)

It hit 78 today at Camp Mabry (close to downtown). I went hiking today in the hills outside of town and I'd say it was pretty hot. It's cooling down now to the point that we might have SLEET!!! on Monday morning. Austin essentially shuts down whenever ice or snow covers the roads so we'll see how that goes. I miss the action at home but the R/S/sleet lines in this pattern I don't miss at all. I'd especially be cursing how warm it became when 24 hours ago it was 10 degrees. 

It hit 78 today at Camp Mabry (close to downtown). I went hiking today in the hills outside of town and I'd say it was pretty hot. It's cooling down now to the point that we might have SLEET!!! on Monday morning. Austin essentially shuts down whenever ice or snow covers the roads so we'll see how that goes. I miss the action at home but the R/S/sleet lines in this pattern I don't miss at all. I'd especially be cursing how warm it became when 24 hours ago it was 10 degrees.

You wouldn't want to be in lb for this one. Im sure it's like 34 with plain rain down there right now. And 40 by morning.

Just crazy dangerous ice in the city right now

Archived