joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Weekend Mixed Bag of WTF storm thread

Ji

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They can always ratchet up to a warning. I mean if you guys were at the desk you might do the same thing. Going big initially hasn't paid off very often for us

There's a middle ground though... I think a 3-6" forecast is perfectly reasonable for NW areas. 1-2" is too low considering the guidance and 8-12" like the 18z NAM shows in some spots is too high.

The new Loudoun zone is leading to bizarre forecasts.  They are going with 1-3 for eastern Loudoun and 4-6 for western.  It's not anywhere close to that big a cutoff in any storm I can remember recently.  It would be more like 2-4 vs 3-5 would be a realistic taper within the county

WWA says 1-3, map shows 4-6, point-and-click says 2-4. Hmmmmm...

Maybe the 1-3 is just for Saturday night?

Tonight Increasing clouds, with a low around 7. Wind chill values as low as -2. Light and variable wind becoming south 5 to 7 mph in the evening.

Saturday Snow. High near 29. Wind chill values as low as -2. South wind 8 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Saturday Night Snow. Low around 29. South wind 6 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Archived