Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA & The Fringes - Mid-Winter 14/15

PennMan

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

??

I think you need to look at no response to your going full chicken little on this as a sign that maybe it's time you sit a few plays out. Relax. It's just **** falling from the sky.

I think we should all take a minute from what we're doing on here and just take that in: This stuff falls to the earth and piles up. What a miracle.

Is now the proper time to panic? HRRR doesnt like this specific area for much of anything AND! weather.gov> enter my zip (17102) times out??

Or do I wait to panic until I'm shoveling snow tomorrow morning?

CTPs made it pretty clear that the warnings verifying are kinda iffy. I feel like most of those outside the Laurels and south of 80 won't be disappointed if they set their expectations to a 3-5" event.

This is the 4th change in snow totals that CTP has made for snow totals

for the LSV. It would be nice if they would let the storm play out a little bit

before they made kept tweaking the snow totals. There really is not much difference between 5-9, 4-7, 5-8, and 4-6. My new idea with their forecast and TV met forecasts is to look for the common numbers. So to me, 5 to 6

Looks like the the best bet.

I think you need to look at no response to your going full chicken little on this as a sign that maybe it's time you sit a few plays out. Relax. It's just **** falling from the sky.

I think we should all take a minute from what we're doing on here and just take that in: This stuff falls to the earth and piles up. What a miracle.

Truth, and it's not like anyone's missing out on a spectacular blizzard, the winner here gets low end warning snows and more to clean up lol.

This is the 4th change in snow totals that CTP has made for snow totals

for the LSV. It would be nice if they would let the storm play out a little bit

before they made kept tweaking the snow totals. There really is not much difference between 5-9, 4-7, 5-8, and 4-6. My new idea with their forecast and TV met forecasts is to look for the common numbers. So to me, 5 to 6

Looks like the the best bet.

I wonder if they do this to justify somebody's employment.

Its ashame we have to grind out 4 or 5" of snow with a month of below freezing temps and we dont have sh*t to show for it

It's a shame, yes, but what are we going to do about it? File an appeal with God? Timely filing limit is 120 days from date of event. It's just not worth being butthurt (butthoit if you're from joisey. butthoit.) about.

It's a shame, yes, but what are we going to do about it? File an appeal with God? Timely filing limit is 120 days from date of event. It's just not worth being butthurt (butthoit if you're from joisey. butthoit.) about.

LOL..youre right. Theres worse things to get upset about.  I guess we all get frustrated about it but youre right, its not the end of the world.

I see all the questioning about the lack of warnings in Lancaster County (you all eventually got them) and have to wonder why. If all the models are pointing toward getting the best snow and you indeed end up with 6-8 inches, or more, by the end of the event, then what does it matter whether you were under a warning or an advisory? Is it some sort of status symbol or something?

I just never could figure out why some folks get so upset over it.

Personally, I'd rather come out of an advisory with a warning criteria snowfall then to have a warning that didn't verify.

It must be miserable getting so worked up over snow. I'm at seasonal average in mid -late February, watching snow fall on snow. Life is good today whether I get 1" or 10". Glad to see you guys in the southern tier looking good for a nice hit, should bring us all to or above average for the date I would think. Hope everyone glued to radar and hallucinating can pry themselves away long enough to watch a few flakes fall.

I see all the questioning about the lack of warnings in Lancaster County (you all eventually got them) and have to wonder why. If all the models are pointing toward getting the best snow and you indeed end up with 6-8 inches, or more, by the end of the event, then what does it matter whether you were under a warning or an advisory? Is it some sort of status symbol or something?

I just never could figure out why some folks get so upset over it.

Personally, I'd rather come out of an advisory with a warning criteria snowfall then to have a warning that didn't verify.

I've been preaching that mantra on here back to the Eastern days. I don't get it...

Light snow here for about 90 minutes now. Have maybe 1/2" but probably a little less. Radar clearly shows to me this is a northern MD storm as far as potential big totals go. 

Archived