CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Central PA & The Fringes - Mid-Winter 14/15

PennMan

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely easier to laugh it off when that's the case. Can't imagine that person's going to like what happens to their insurance premiums though :arrowhead:

Eh I'd bet the undercarriage of that car wasn't badly messed up given that it's resting on snow. It's just bizarre how the car managed to perfectly mount a two foot snowbank.

Horst: Storm is setting up farther south, best snows from turnpike to M/D line. 

Pretty much how it looks at the moment. There is a big ass hole in the precip back in Ohio, while there is a beautiful moisure feed south of it taking aim on West Virginia and Maryland/DC and eventually perhaps, southeast PA.

Still kind of amazing how this was progged as a snow to rain mess a couple days ago, and now it looks like it's almost getting suppressed to where northern areas get lighter snow while the M/D line cashes in.

Pretty much how it looks at the moment. There is a big ass hole in the precip back in Ohio, while there is a beautiful moisure feed south of it taking aim on West Virginia and Maryland/DC and eventually perhaps, southeast PA.

Still kind of amazing how this was progged as a snow to rain mess a couple days ago, and now it looks like it's almost getting suppressed to where northern areas get lighter snow while the M/D line cashes in.

I think a lot of models showed this but everyone dismissed it for climatology says a track west of apps no way does it snow along i95.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So think Harrisburg can see 4" still? I'd love a storm of 3" as we only had one barely touch it this year.

You and I are of a kindred spirit.  I was just telling my wife that I would be totally pleased and satisfied if we can eek out 4"  I've managed to lower my expectations now so that I don't get bummed out over this storm.

Yea weird deal, at least this might make mid Atlantic forum a bit more readable. A big ones coming north crew, this cold air heading into March, I can feel it!

Honestly, I've been wanting to believe this, I keep telling myself this every time a "big one" misses us. But I just can't anymore. Snow events like today are the norm most of anymore. We just got to root for the 3-6" events and appreciate when we get bigger numbers. The major events are more for the LSV and I-95 metro areas.

Yea weird deal, at least this might make mid Atlantic forum a bit more readable.

It won't be readable if I have to see all their posts that it's pouring, puking, etc, snow from down that way. Somehow, someway, the best snows always end up either in DC/Baltimore, Philly, and/or NYC. While we end up with a lighter nuisance type event.

I'm just hoping to verify the 4-8 that CTP indicated in their warning discussion.

Archived