• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Super Snow Sunday

40/70 Benchmark

Well I'm not convinced they miss yet...but some runs are keying on almost a westward redevelopment of the ML centers that tucks SE of the Cape...so we're in a decent spot for it for a few hours as it deepens while ME is too far north in a sucker hole between the ML centers to our SE and the other area of forcing over by Nova Scotia...

At any rate, it's not an easy forecast, but I still think there's surprises with this one. My forecast has been 8-12" for ORH-east...so we'll see how it works out in the end.

What a nightmare this one has been.

Is this one of the worst for you?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a nightmare this one has been.

Is this one of the worst for you?

I'm not sure I'd call it the "Worst"...the forecast has been kind of a disaster on the modeling. Most of them totally gagged on the WAA stuff until maybe the last second this morning when it was obvious that eastern areas were in a good spot for it.

The development of the ML centers and ULL has been a big issue too obviously. But if we get that tuck SE of the Cape...there's gonna be some pretty impressive bands tomorrow morning.

I've been secretly watching and hoping for that...I think the back edge slips through here, but not too far ne, I think it halts.

I'm glad I'm not the only one seeing it.  Thought it was my weenie glasses, but I think it could help me a lot.  Drove up 93 today from Logan.  Awesome around you man!  Talk about a deep deep epic drive today.  New England IS winter.

This storm has been a pain, but it never had the true blockbuster look, at least for Boston. I still think 8-12 is reasonable.

Looking at radar and using my map reading non-skills, I have pretty strong doubts we'll verify warning amounts out here (3.5 so far).  As such, the snow is an underperformer.  I hope the wind's not one.

Off to bed.

Looking at radar and using my map reading non-skills, I have pretty strong doubts we'll verify warning amounts out here (3.5 so far).  As such, the snow is an underperformer.  I hope the wind's not one.

Off to bed.

I think 3.5"  might be conservative up there. I measured 3.5"-4" around 9:30pm. 

Just flurries now.  We'll see how things build through E NY tonight.  

Hoping for 2-3" more tomorrow. Wind is usually not a big factor here. 

Archived