joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 16th/17th/18th Winter Wx

burgertime

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just read from RAH Facebook page that light ice accural is being reported via Automatic reporting stations in central NC.

While that may be true in this instance, don't trust ASOS at all for reporting p-types. Its algorithms are terrible. In these mixed p events, you see a lot of UP (unknown precip) which isn't helpful at all.

While that may be true in this instance, don't trust ASOS at all for reporting p-types. Its algorithms are terrible. In these mixed p events, you see a lot of UP (unknown precip) which isn't helpful at all.

They probably did report it in the lulls. But it's not likely to be the predominant p-type it appears.

Light zr and ip mix in SE Wake.

Are there any appreciable implications to the secondary low forming farther south than the models were indicating?

I think that's what we've been seeing with the late model adjustments and the initial band that pushed out of Virginia this afternoon. Also look at the radar, we're definitely in the hart of the precipitation whereas yesterday that was suppose to be up in Virginia.  

Light zr and ip mix in SE Wake.

Are there any appreciable implications to the secondary low forming farther south than the models were indicating?

Probably not much, but there is a chance. Could be an enhanced effect if the low can deepen quick enough.

Be nice if that low forming off SC can pull some deeper cold into NC and change me over to all sleet so I don't get .50"+ of ice, its really icing up quickly out there.....steady ZR with temp of 24.....

That would be wonderful wouldn't it? We aren't quite there yet with the coastal though. Just the pressure falls aren't enough, we will have to see where the low pops. Indications though that its going to be further south than modeled.

With the low developing much further south wouldn't that mean our winds will continue to be NNE to NE? Here in Jville we were supposed to be ESE and our temp to rise in the mid 40's but we've been dropping, currently 29.1; MHX recently put out a update like a hour ago saying they still expect our temp to rise but I don't see that happening.

Archived