joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid FEB through March Threats/Snow Storms

mitchnick

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will just say this...ever since I have been on the boards those who speak in absolutes tend to go down in flames at a very high rate...I think this year especially that is true. Your line in the sand is now...it won't shift north...will be interesting to see. Good luck with your forecast

I will just say this...ever since I have been on the boards those who speak in absolutes tend to go down in flames at a very high rate...I think this year especially that is true. Your line in the sand is now...it won't shift north...will be interesting to see. Good luck with your forecast

I remember saying the same on the last Mid range bust that it wouldn't shift south. I was questioned on that statement. If anything it went further north.

I remember saying the same on the last Mid range bust that it wouldn't shift south. I was questioned on that statement. If anything it went further north.

maybe LWX should have you make all the forecasts and snow maps since you seem to know whats up. 

I take pride that I'm not on here going... Alert...Alert...Alert Hecs day 4 here it comes. Then to shift back to reality then blast anyone that questions me.

I think it's all fun...the weather does what it wants....just some friendly banter...next week will be fun to check :)

Compare yesterdays 12z run to this morning 6z. Models getting a better handle on the strength/position of the vortex, trough and the western ridge. One would think as we get closer to the event, this would be a more accurate depiction of what will actually occur. If so,  this storm is likely going to track off the coast south of where we want it.

post-1005-0-36613900-1423833053_thumb.gi

post-1005-0-47064300-1423833073_thumb.gi

Those are great, admire the work and congratulate you. You might be right but formulating your statements in that absolute fashion make me expect it to be Ji posting then I see its you.

See what happens Tuesday into Wednesday of next week. Copy my statements into a file then repost next week. If I'm wrong I will come on and publicly apologize.

Hour 78 on the 6Z GFS shows snow entering sw VA then it gets squashed only to try to come around the bend a few frames later but ends up falling short. Just seems that once a storm gets relatively close as shown at hour 78, it ends up reaching us in some manner. But on the other hand, the last 4 or so runs definitely has that suppressed look. It will be interesting to see how this ends up. Is the cold overstated? Sure hope so.

See what happens Tuesday into Wednesday of next week. Copy my statements into a file then repost next week. If I'm wrong I will come on and publicly apologize.

You don't have to apologize for a forecast bust if it happens.  I think most of us respect the fact that you're making a forecast 4+ days out and that you're not going to waffle every 6 hours.

Eh, I appreciate the call ers is making. That's is what they are supposed to do. His is one opinion among many there.

I dont know what the big deal is. He is stating what he thinks will happen. He will either be right or wrong. At least he does have some credentials. Weenies be all cranky this morning with the latest trends. ;)

Archived