joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid FEB through March Threats/Snow Storms

mitchnick

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dunno I was championing the keep faith crew a week ago but this pattern right now really bugs me. I didn't incision the Atlantic going back to such an awful state. Even just neutral would be fine. I'm still not throwing in the towel on the season. I think the threat still exists for a storm if we get any nao help or if a trough digs and we get a major amplification. This storm threat seems like fools gold to me though. The flow looks so crappy

because of the season we've had, I think we're all looking for reasons for it to fail, and we still have almost 5 days to come up with more creative failure scenarios

I'm going to bed because I know I've got a string of these kinds of evenings to come       lol

This thing can still amp to hit SNE I'm sure. I really wouldn't be surprised to see it end up a miller b.

It's a tough one to pin down. Even if the far south track is overdone it doesn't mean we get a nice hit of precip. It's becoming more complicated as we move forward. You know how much confidence I have in complicated setups

Next weeks storm still looks reasonable for the MA.  Its not going to be a lakes cutter, the trough is neutral tilt thru the center of the US, and isn't there a typical "have the storm then lose the storm" behavior by at least the GFS at this range...and being as suppressed as GFS is showing on 00Z looks overdone.  After the next two new england blizzards we should have a better handle on this system. ;)

Dunno I was championing the keep faith crew a week ago but this pattern right now really bugs me. I didn't incision the Atlantic going back to such an awful state. Even just neutral would be fine. I'm still not throwing in the towel on the season. I think the threat still exists for a storm if we get any nao help or if a trough digs and we get a major amplification. This storm threat seems like fools gold to me though. The flow looks so crappy

Frustrating. It definitely looked like we be closer to neutral a week ago. Neutral probably would have worked. Too much negative could easily mean suppression. The AO in my opinion is equally killing us for snow chances.

Frustrating. It definitely looked like we be closer to neutral a week ago. Neutral probably would have worked. Too much negative could easily mean suppression. The AO in my opinion is equally killing us for snow chances.

Bull****e. Raleigh is getting snow. This has nothing to do with positive ao or nao

So...there still is a quite a bit of uncertainty to the strength and track (and speed) of a potentially sub 875 blizzard for the NE that will probably bottom out at 860 at a minimum before hitting Canada....and will have a huge impact as it retros into Canada. Until that happens....? There can't be much confidence, right?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived