• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Nor'easter Storm Discussion 2/5-2/6

dryslot

i'm starting to lose faith in these threats just because of sheer probability.....I mean, at some point, one must figure that climo is going to drag one of these threats by the hair, and propel it into failure.

It just has to intervene, doesn't it?

The problem with probability is that every so often things get improbable! If all pans out and we get clobbered a couple more times we may be looking at a once in 3 centuries event (since 1717--way back when Jerry and I were kids)

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We just went through 2 months of that

THIS!!  My goodness, a week and a half into this stormy pattern, and now a storm has to miss due to the odds???  They all missed for two months...frigid, then when a storm comes it gets warm; Clipper after Clipper too far south(congrats DC/S. Jersey); Flow just too fast and nothing amplifies or can get going and gets swept out to the east/sea; and the dreaded Frigid cold and Dry pattern for the first half of January. Now we've had a week and a half of several storms that have hit us, and the odds are already against us?? 

I'll say we are in the pay-back mode now...climo and the atmosphere balancing out for the two months of misses/bad breaks.  Lets Enjoy...and whatever will be, will be!!  Fun times!!

Ha. Can't stand to miss another one? No roof issues here thanks to all of the wind and "dry" snow lately.

Don't want to miss a biggie, nor the epicness of a deep snowpack.  I have to assess how much we might get Thurs night thru Monday.  Can make a fairly last minute decision.  0z tonight will be crucial to see how this is trending.  Interesting to see how fired up Mr. Leatherwood is.

I would've been disappointed today perhaps...fun but not worth staying home for.

Archived