• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Nor'easter Storm Discussion 2/5-2/6

dryslot

You just get the feeling that southern moisture is going to link up with the northern branch in the "nick of time" to blossom the snow. You can envision it happening

I think from my area points ne will get 3-6"/4-8"...high end advisory,  low-end warning type deal. 

Leaning towards advisory right now.

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I loved the look of this system up to the point where models started pulling back on the strength of the system coming ashore in BC.  Without that coming east towards the trough there's nothing to help tilt the whole thing in time.   It doesn't look impressive on any of the models now, and it doesn't look very impressive on the w/v loop either.

Hopefully the deep southern spin can help out, but this will take some work now to be much more than a scraper.  Hoping todays full ingest of just about all the systems involved (but still not quite the Mexican s/w)...will provide the final solution.

I loved the look of this system up to the point where models started pulling back on the strength of the system coming ashore in BC.  Without that coming east towards the trough there's nothing to help tilt the whole thing in time.   It doesn't look impressive on any of the models now, and it doesn't look very impressive on the w/v loop either.

Hopefully the deep southern spin can help out, but this will take some work now to be much more than a scraper.  Hoping todays full ingest of just about all the systems involved (but still not quite the Mexican s/w)...will provide the final solution.

I'm certainly not looking at anything "impressive" as far a outcome.  Right now I'd favor a glancing blow system on or just outside the BM.  

Don't rub it in, Ray.

This is certainly one for the ages for the central-eastern areas of SNE.  An awesome one for Maine as well, though not as extreme departure-wise.  Mud season, anyone?

Not a whole lot of moisture in the pack, though...that is one aspect in which this season trails 2011. 

Archived