Newest Member
    Toothache
Central PA & the fringes - January 2015 Part III

Atomixwx

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2.25" and its coming down good now.

A pic of my boat and its shaded by trees.

I measured 15" total on ground.

How much longer do you think I have mag (snow)

Probably a little bit yet, though mixing looks it's starting to try to press from the south and dual pol products are starting to indicate it on top of Rockton between Dubois and Clearfield. Got sleet here with big flakes mixed in. 

Just to ensure I'm reading this product right...all this in yellow is sleet?

Pretty much, the yellow values indicate a lower percentage than the red/pink echoes. Lower percentage indicates the hydrometeors the radar is picking up are different sizes (ie snow mixed with rain/sleet, etc). The red/pink echoes are near 100%, meaning all the hydrometeors are a uniform size (strictly rain/snow).

I'm sitting on the northeast edge of the yellows in Blair County, where it's sleet pellets/heavily rimed flakes and large fluffy flakes.

Well...my midnight reading here was moderate snow with a temp of 30.2.  Through midnight I recorded 1.6" of snow.  It melted down to 0.17" of liquid for a ratio of 9.4:1.  I've gotten more than I was expecting from late yesterday afternoon.  Unfortunately, I was watching the green echoes heading my way from the west and was hoping it was heavy snow.  But, from that dual-pol radar it's sleet mixing in, so I only expect about another 30 minutes of pure snow.  I wonder how much freezing rain we'll have before we go above 32.0?  And, when will we go above 32?  If the rain is primarily freezing then when temps plummet Monday night it will become an ice skating rink out there.  Not good!  But for now I will enjoy my pure snow for a little while longer.

Probably a little bit yet, though mixing looks it's starting to try to press from the south and dual pol products are starting to indicate it on top of Rockton between Dubois and Clearfield. Got sleet here with big flakes mixed in. 

ok thanks.Hoping to hold on as long as i can.

Archived