joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA & the fringes - January 2015 Part III

Atomixwx

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't be surprised to see a solid 4-5" here, and as MAGs been harping on we get dry slotted due to the more northerly track, and end up with just freezing drizzle for a while.

That does tend to happen with these types...and honestly, I'd be happy if it played out like that at this point. +SN -> -IP/[FZ]DZ is way better than soaking rain...

Agreed time to drink have radar and precip type hallucinations good luck all hope for the best! Cheering for the Cowboys and an all out snowstorm today as I live in fantasy land :-)

I'm going to cheer for the Eagles as I watch the 2.5 feet of snow pile up outside my window. How's that for fantasyland...lmao!

Well it figures that I would go to generate the numbers to display on my map and I keep getting an error preventing me from doing so, so while if see if I can resolve it before the darn storm is well on it's way (and it's already been snowing here), I'm going to have to give a general take of what it was gonna show.

6-12" above I-80 statewide using a 12:1 ratio (raw generated numbers had a max of of about 10"). Obviously amounts will be low side of the range near I-80 and increase north.

4-7ish using (10:1) in the central counties between I-80 and the US 22 corridor... and between I-80 and I-78 in eastern Penn.

2-4" inches using mostly 8:1 running the turnpike corridor and a bit south of it in central/eastern PA (KAOO, KMDT, Lancaster, York, etc.)

1-2" using (8:1) near the MD border in Central/Eastern PA (SE PA in the Philly region as well)

T-2" in SW PA, 2-4" in the Pittsburgh metro (generally 2 or so  in the southern burbs and downtown and up to 4 in the northern burbs).

Thats the rough take, now let me see if I can get my map to work haha. 

Well it figures that I would go to generate the numbers to display on my map and I keep getting an error preventing me from doing so, so while if see if I can resolve it before the darn storm is well on it's way (and it's already been snowing here), I'm going to have to give a general take of what it was gonna show.

6-12" above I-80 statewide using a 12:1 ratio (raw generated numbers had a max of of about 10"). Obviously amounts will be low side of the range near I-80 and increase north.

4-7ish using (10:1) in the central counties between I-80 and the US 22 corridor... and between I-80 and I-78 in eastern Penn.

2-4" inches using mostly 8:1 running the turnpike corridor and a bit south of it in central/eastern PA (KAOO, KMDT, Lancaster, York, etc.)

1-2" using (8:1) near the MD border in Central/Eastern PA (SE PA in the Philly region as well)

T-2" in SW PA, 2-4" in the Pittsburgh metro (generally 2 or so  in the southern burbs and downtown and up to 4 in the northern burbs).

Thats the rough take, now let me see if I can get my map to work haha.

Good stuff Mag!

Archived