joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA & the fringes - January 2015 Part III

Atomixwx

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Temp in Lemoyne back down to 35 after peaking at 37 earlier. Hopefully we can squeeze out a couple of inches before the slop.

This is the last time I tell my kid that she's probably going to have a 3 day weekend when I pick her up on Friday. Kiss of death.

Well it figures that I would go to generate the numbers to display on my map and I keep getting an error preventing me from doing so,

Thanks Mag. Those numbers sound very reasonable. As for the computer issues, you probably fried something trying to ingest all the screwed up data from this messed up storm. :lol:

Yesterday when ABC 27's coating-to-two inches came out for the MDT region I scoffed to myself in disbelief.  Now it looks like they might turn out to be the best forecast.  I wouldn't mind some plain rain as my car is smothered in salt.

On to the next one later in the week.  We should just start discussing that event now and ignore whatever is going on outside.  The one thing I don't get is even if we wet bulb down to 31 degrees with the snow, there's no way we will have any significant amount of freezing rain.

Right now with the sun dimly visible my temp is 36.3 with a dew point of 27.7.  I'm guessing that would equate to a wet bulb of around 31, so may never cool down to below 32.

Tweet-eorologists alread talking about a bomb off the coast of FL/GA on the Euro 10 days from now. When will we ever learn?

Back up to 37 degrees in Lemoyne as my hopes for even a light front end thump are floating away. What are the chances this starts as rain like "Juno" did last week? We lost a good inch of accumulation while waiting for the surface temps to drop.

Anything good on the horizon? Im over this one-lol.

Its been snowing for hours but i have no way to measure as it is all melting on my snowboard.

Its just now starting to turn white as the snow is getting heavier

temp 31 with a nice steady light snow falling.

I've had the same issue early this afternoon despite a pretty steady snow. I'd call it like a half inch here. Snow started falling late morning and quickly accumulated on the shaded parts of the road, but from about noon-130 or so it melted completely. Clouds were pretty thin and letting the sun bleed through a bit earlier while it was snowing.. so that and the warmish surface temps were making it a problem. Starting to accumulate on everything now as temps have fallen off pretty sharply after being a bit above freezing and a bit of a northerly breeze has developed. Heavier stuff starting to move in, so I guess we'll see what happens. 

I've had the same issue early this afternoon despite a pretty steady snow. I'd call it like a half inch here. Snow started falling late morning and quickly accumulated on the shaded parts of the road, but from about noon-130 or so it melted completely. Clouds were pretty thin and letting the sun bleed through a bit earlier while it was snowing.. so that and the warmish surface temps were making it a problem. Starting to accumulate on everything now as temps have fallen off pretty sharply after being a bit above freezing and a bit of a northerly breeze has developed. Heavier stuff starting to move in, so I guess we'll see what happens.

Same deal here. With the sun getting lower and steady light snow I imagine we'll start to accumulate, albeit slowly. It's hard to tell downtown as the roads/sidewalks are covered in salt and everything else has 6+" of snow.

Archived