• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 1/2 Obs

nj2va

Still like the looks of this system regardless of what the models are saying. Strong anticyclone to the north of the system should prevent the cutter that models are showing. With cold dry air in place the system will struggle to get too far north. With the overrunning that is likely to occur I see some advection fog being an issue and with the dynamics of the cyclone I could see some anvil crawlers occurring as well so look for some flashes of lightning.

Look for WWA's to be posted soon and likely updraded to WSW's soon after that. They are just slow to pull the trigger after what happened last week. The models will have this storm coming south later tonight. Don't give up yet guys.

that's the way mike masco is thinking too

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The vort responsible for the storm comes in from Vancouver and barely gets below our latitude. Slp is forming barely south of our latitude in the Midwest. Expecting a near due east trajectory isn't going to work out.

When we had good runs yesterday, slp was popping in LA and AR. We've gone backwards quite a bit.

We bust with all abandon. You would think the worst case scenario was a front end dump. Well be lucky now to see precip

We bust with suddenness. We transition to juicy rainstorms minutes after Arctic air masses run away. Somehow we manage to quickly go isothermal at 33 or 34 with heavy rain. In a winter where we have seen only brief mild periods, we still  manage to fail regularly. The only way we haven't failed is by suppression...yet. 

We bust with suddenness. We transition to juicy rainstorms minutes after Arctic air masses run away. Somehow we manage to quickly go isothermal at 33 or 34 with heavy rain. In a winter where we have seen only brief mild periods, we still  manage to fail regularly. The only way we haven't failed is by suppression...yet

November if I recall

he was this morning, then i turned him off, too much garbage with the video!!

JB2 - "I like to follow trends and find the errors. If I am on to something, then the latest push north will end up with a result farther south. This is not wish-casting for snow, but spotting the errors. That is what happened on Sunday night with the last clipper and the impact of colder air with Thursday expanding those advisories south yesterday. "

Thats some really interesting analysis.  

JB2 - "I like to follow trends and find the errors. If I am on to something, then the latest push north will end up with a result farther south. This is not wish-casting for snow, but spotting the errors. That is what happened on Sunday night with the last clipper and the impact of colder air with Thursday expanding those advisories south yesterday. "

its going to go south.... Because it came north? Oooookay....

JB2 - "I like to follow trends and find the errors. If I am on to something, then the latest push north will end up with a result farther south. This is not wish-casting for snow, but spotting the errors. That is what happened on Sunday night with the last clipper and the impact of colder air with Thursday expanding those advisories south yesterday. "

Models are not allowed to continue a trend continuously in the same direction after x # of runs. If he's right...

The vort responsible for the storm comes in from Vancouver and barely gets below our latitude. Slp is forming barely south of our latitude in the Midwest. Expecting a near due east trajectory isn't going to work out.

When we had good runs yesterday, slp was popping in LA and AR. We've gone backwards quite a bit.

That's the problem. If that low formed in the lower Mississippi valley and moved to west va, we would get a good front thump.

That's the problem. If that low formed in the lower Mississippi valley and moved to west va, we would get a good front thump.

Yep. This one is done. The only thing that I could see save us is if the the vort is A LOT weaker then is modeled. But then we only get a couple of inches regardless. This is not gonna be a thumper though.

Archived