joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 1/2 Obs

nj2va

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look at it this way. As someone already mentioned, 0Z last night was the start of the trend. If a reverse trend can begin tonight, then we'll be right back where we were 24 hours ago. It's low probability, but who knows...

I'm most interested in how far northwest this thing can go now. I'm not sure it's done. 

It'll probably go back to what the models had before they gave us some sexy snowmap. Was it ever a lakes cutter? SW PA low seems fair game at least.  :axe: 

Look at it this way. As someone already mentioned, 0Z last night was the start of the trend. If a reverse trend can begin tonight, then we'll be right back where we were 24 hours ago. It's low probability, but who knows...

I know there's no way we're getting this one back to how it looked yesterday. 

I'm most interested in how far northwest this thing can go now. I'm not sure it's done. 

That would be a plus for the model, imo. Either the trend continues consistently in one direction or a full pendulum occurs and...see above

It'll probably go back to what the models had before they gave us some sexy snowmap. Was it ever a lakes cutter? SW PA low seems fair game at least.   :axe:

Every run today has bumped up heights in front of the vort from it's previous cycle. Until I see that stabilize, I'm thinking this one is going to bum out a lot more people than just our area. 

Every run today has bumped up heights in front of the vort from it's previous cycle. Until I see that stabilize, I'm thinking this one is going to bum out a lot more people than just our area. 

NYC already refusing to put up watches and getting ragged for it. :P 

That would be a plus for the model, imo. Either the trend continues consistently in one direction or a full pendulum occurs and...see above

Unless models are totally blowing h5 inside of 24 hours (very unlikely), there is no way this is swinging back appreciably. 

The reasons we had sweet runs yesterday and the day before aren't verifying anymore. 

Unless models are totally blowing h5 inside of 24 hours (very unlikely), there is no way this is swinging back appreciably. 

The reasons we had sweet runs yesterday and the day before aren't verifying anymore. 

All models wrong in unison makes for happy snow weenies though. 

Archived