Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Feb 1/2 Obs

nj2va

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not worried about "jinxing" it.  Simply put, based on climo/pattern/models, our margin of error is enormous. And we should have goalposts by tomorrow night anyway.  Low to Pittsburgh?  fine...we get front thumped good.  GFS/EURO track?  we get clobbered. Even if it is north of there, and we mix some, it is still a big hit.  GGEM track (lol)...ATL - MYR, and we still get 6". 0z Euro weak wave?  We still get 4".  We're vested for 2-4".  And we will probably get more.

I do not think there is much error. This is the 2nd best track for DC as far as sizable snow. Low from Tn/KY border, sw VA, off Va capes.

We don't get to stay into as long as something moving ne from the se but there are not the mechanics of phasing and the like to screw things up.

Been following this site for a few years now, just finally decided to register after unfollowing WxRisk (DT) on Facebook!

Anyways, it seems that being in Chesterfield County (just West of Richmond,Va) we won't be enjoying the snow as much as the NOVA area.

Any hope?

-RVALink

https://www.facebook.com/HeadfulOfSnow

5pm Update - *Your Super Bowl Plans could be affected* (Remember we are still 72 hours out. Lots can change)

There is some model consensus developing regarding the Sunday/Monday event. Below is a very general idea for DC. Details will change. But this is what the guidance is suggesting. Do not rely on the timeline right now. It is loose. I will update later tonight before I go to bed, and then again tomorrow afternoon.

1pm - 4pm - light snow overspreads DC - Temps in the low to mid 30s.

4pm - 8pm. Light snow accumulates. Temps around 32

8pm - 8am - Moderate to occasionally Heavy snow. Temps around 30 falling into the lower 20s by morning. 

8am - noon - Snow tapers off to light snow/flurries. Temp around 20.

Total accumulation: 6-8"

Brutally cold Monday night and Tuesday.

:huh:

Or in line with guidance.

Huh? There's very good model agreement right now from the op and ensembles for a 6"+ storm.

True, there's a lot of agreement but it's still 3 days away... for a public audience I would've gone with 3-6/4-8 with some upside potential, or said something more vague like "significant accumulation possible".

Not really bullish but from here no one on tv etc would make that call. Imagine models are pretty close but the freshness of a burn still lingers even if a diff scenario.,

How much can I possibly hedge?

5pm Update - *Your Super Bowl Plans could be affected* (Remember we are still 72 hours out. Lots can change)

There is some model consensus developing regarding the Sunday/Monday event. Below is a very general idea for DC. Details will change. But this is what the guidance is suggesting. Do not rely on the timeline right now. It is loose. I will update later tonight before I go to bed, and then again tomorrow afternoon.

Archived