• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 1/2 Obs

nj2va

It really has had that feel. There are some important pieces embedded above us that are definitely going to be there. Being inside of 4 days with close agreement is awesome. Looking fairly decent for a shot at widespread wsw criteria being met. And then having serious cold behind it to keep it around for more than a day or 2. 

Agreed (with you and Zwyts).  I really like how things have more or less converged thus far, and think an area-wide warning criteria is a decent bet right now, and hopefully a certainty in the upcoming days.

Oh, and I'll echo what others said, that your idea of keeping banter to as much a minimum as possible starting 00Z tonight is probably a good idea.  Hard to avoid at least some, especially late at night, but still.  I'm sure if this is still looking very good later, the mods will go into storm mode anyhow.  Would be nice to avoid as many "freak out" comments as possible, too.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've followed along all day and I really like the effort on this thread. Very good posts, meteorologically sound and professional. I appreciate you guys/gals. Thanks for all the maps and data.

That's the love in the MA when the models look good. If the 18Z GFS barfs and looks bad we will revert to nastiness and dark humor.

I think 10-12"+ is probably too ambitious with the speed of the event...We have a pretty big MOE for 3-4" but not for 9-10"+

yeah i don't think it's got that potential really.. more like a 4-8/5-10 type thing 

Any thoughts on why it so progressive with a 50/50 and block in place? Seems like it would slow down some to me.

It's no so much that it's moving fast. It actually moves kinda slow. It's just not a big storm in general. SLP is >1k as it passed. 12" storms are reserved for the big dogs most of the time. 

Things are going to get crazy in here and a lot of guests and people who don't post are going to rely on this thread for info with each model suite. I vote starting with the 0z suite that we keep banter in this thread to a minimum or zero.

Ok, I'll cast the dissenting vote. From here on in this thread will turn into model pbp. Anyone wanting info can easily find that without coming here. The only valuable info will be euro pbp. I see no harm in a little off the cuff remarks here and there. If we can't have a little fun tracking a good event, when can we. Sometimes I think we might take ourselves a bit too seriously around here. Our commentary, regardless of its meteorological worth, will have no bearing on what the storm actually does.

It's no so much that it's moving fast. It actually moves kinda slow. It's just not a big storm in general. SLP is >1k as it passed. 12" storms are reserved for the big dogs most of the time. 

we see green for a long while but most of it falls in like 8-12 hours. that's pretty speedy. 

I think 10-12"+ is probably too ambitious with the speed of the event...We have a pretty big MOE for 3-4" but not for 9-10"+

I like the chances for a quick accumulating thump if the temps are in our favor (mid to upper 20s).  i think we had a storm in early feb 03 that produced like that.

Archived