• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Forecast/storm discussions and part II Manitoba Mauler

Damage In Tolland

what is so special about 5:02? why not 5:00  or 5:04?  

The Governor will update the public at 5:02 p.m. this evening on the impending storm from the state Emergency Operations Center in Hartford.  The Governor is also encouraging people to monitor the media for up-to-date information on the storm.

It might be a media thing.  It gives the television media time to start the newscast and intro the segment before going live to the governor.

Riding the Euro full steam ahead with this one. It's consistency in bringing big snows into W MA and W CT along with it's solid track record with cold season East Coast storms is hard to ignore.

We'll probably get into a dendrite filled deformation band that slowly rots away during the day tomorrow. While the 30"+ plot that someone posted is probably a bit overdone, a solid 20"+ is a decent bet.

I hope you are right for those of us up here :)

Wow at the 18z NAM from NYC to BOS.  That crushes NYC.  IMO, that'll be the most interesting aspect of this storm right now...although no one in here probably cares, there's a fascinating war going on about how much snow falls in the United States' largest city.

TWC showed an RPM run that gave NYC 3-5", and then showed the EURO with 2 feet.  Covering it all.

Jealous lol? Should have done like me and flown in lol.

I'm at 495 and 95, and the light OES that is in the Boston area that isn't showing up in radar has switched to the Actual Blizzard of 2015 Snow.

very jealous.  would hate to be hitting refresh in NYC right now though praying that the NAM scores a COUP.

Well the NAM looks like the EURO as far as banding goes.

Yup this thing is very interesting.

Nam/Euro is not successfully bet against often but I mean we shall see

It all comes down to when the Full Capture and closing off of ML lows occur, track is pretty much same on all models give or take