joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/25-1/27 Clipper-Miller B Obs/Nowcasting

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The RAP model run that Isukev5 posted earlier this morning was fairly explicit about snow amounts in and north of DC - the snow amounts were absolutely ridiculous and we just refused to believe the model run at all. The run also illustrated a fairly sharp gradient to the south, but the amounts that were shown for my area, I'd sign on the dotted line in a nanosecond. Those amounts would triple what I have seen all "winter" here in tropical eastern Prince William.

Looks like we might miss out?

Gosh I hope not, but the orientation of the 850-700 mb trough is such that we are obviously keeping some warm air in aloft a while longer than let's say areas to the SW like Arlington. Thus the bright yellows still on LWX's CC radar loops, indicative of sleet or at least a sleet/snow mix.  Now, it could also mean we'll get ours, just at a later time this evening/overnight.  Meh, I'll be happy with 2-3"...ecstatic (though not totally shocked) if we woke up with 4".  I remember one of those Miller B's last January gave us about 5", which was better than I expected. 

http://weather.cod.edu/satrad/nexrad/index.php?type=LWX-N0C-1-6

Considering we live like 3 miles from each other, we should always have close to the same obs. ;)

Throwing in the towel on a decent event on Sat has made this quite the enjoyable event. 

Just measured 1.1"

Yea. Hoping to pick up a inch or two tonight . As you know all to well these coastal storms never show their hand till it's happening.

Archived