joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Historical Blizzard Obs Thread

Rtd208

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was expecting blizzard conditions to develop somewhere in the region by 10 pm which has not happened yet just looks like a regular winter Nor'easter so far - I fully expect most areas east of NYC to have blizzard conditions eventually BUT west of there is questionable

The forecast was for the heavy stuff to move in at midnight. Unless I missed an update somewhere?

-Jason

Well, take my name down for tomorrow to crucify if you want, but I am calling it for west jersey.  Bust. And Hard.  Mt Holly (and I love them) had most of W Jersey in the 10-14 range as of their 10 PM update.  That would be astonishing at this point.

My obs for this thread: forlorn in Lake Hopatcong.  

But this still has some hope left in me:

bgm_None_anim.gif

In Northeast Nassau and just cam under that band the snow has really picked up and we have picked up a quick inch in the last 30 minutes to bring us to 7 inches. After a brief lull behind this band, there are more bands rotating in.

Yes the band came and went real quick.

Well, take my name down for tomorrow to crucify if you want, but I am calling it for west jersey.  Bust. And Hard.  Mt Holly (and I love them) had most of W Jersey in the 10-14 range as of their 10 PM update.  That would be astonishing at this point.

bgm_None_anim.gif

bgm_None_anim.gif

I think you can throw in the towel for a lot of E Jersey too, TBH. I'm in Woodbridge and we rarely jackpot. There isn't much on the ground here. It is snowing but nothing spectacular. Maybe someone in the area cares to measure, but from my naked eye it looks around 4. it looks eerily like 2/6/10. Mini drifts of up to 6 inches or so.

Heavy snow, blowing snow continuing in Port Jeff..

It reminds me of what Gekko once said..."I did my real estate deal...made an $800,000 profit...thought it was all the money in the world at the time...today its a day's pay."

Perception is skewed by ones experiences...even me...prior 2001...I'd be extremely excited over today...after seeing more of these than I can remember the last 15 years...it does seem a bit pedestrian.

Archived