Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Historical Blizzard Obs Thread

Rtd208

Snowing lightly again here.  18F

Another quick 6 inches and you will have as much as your fellow Smithtownian...

<though that presupposes it doesn't snow on him...or he just doesn't see it...or send it to OKX>

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another quick 6 inches and you will have as much as your fellow Smithtownian...

I am quite pleased with the dumping we got.  I'd be even more pleased with some more.

This winter is failing to suck so far.  It was mediocre before yesterday, but never got to the point of sucking all the hope out of the more well rounded winter freaks,

I am quite pleased with the dumping we got.  I'd be even more pleased with some more.

This winter is failing to suck so far.  It was mediocre before yesterday, but never got to the point of sucking all the hope out of the more well rounded winter freaks,

Thanks for mentioning the snow...it is doing the same here...with the traditional streamers coming down from the Nutmeg State...if an inch or so adds up...I can assuage any pangs of guilt I might feel about the "overmeasurment" by keeping the new fall off the books. 

Though it looks just like some flurries.

Hey Ed...new PNS....Port Jeff Sta 22.0"  Miller Place: 22.0"  ...   and I'm feeling concerned about an overreport @ 18.0....lol.  Whatever...

30.0 at Orient...

*winders if it is MCHL358 (or something like that)*

Could you have recalled *that* one?

Hey Ed...new PNS....Port Jeff Sta 22.0" Miller Place: 22.0" ... and I'm feeling concerned about an overreport @ 18.0....lol. Whatever...

30.0 at Orient...

*winders if it is MCHL358 (or something like that)*

Could you have recalled *that* one?

Took a quick couple measurements outside my office in Port Jeff Station around 1 today, averaged 17". Maybe it compacted a bit.

With the amazing recent frequency of these very high snow amounts...I do believe that there is good parallel with a period of excessive inflation in Argentina that took place some time ago...where paper money was no longer worth anything...you used it for wallpaper...a six pack of Budweiser would cost $800.

Took a quick couple measurements outside my office in Port Jeff Station around 1 today, averaged 17". Maybe it compacted a bit.

Sounds about right methinks...

With the amazing recent frequency of these very high snow amounts...I do believe that there is good parallel with a period of excessive inflation in Argentina that took place some time ago...where paper money was no longer worth anything...you used it for wallpaper...a six pack of Budweiser would cost $800.

So you believe that we will go back to a period of six inch snowstorms being on the heavy side?

Thanks for mentioning the snow...it is doing the same here...with the traditional streamers coming down from the Nutmeg State...if an inch or so adds up...I can assuage any pangs of guilt I might feel about the "overmeasurment" by keeping the new fall off the books. 

Though it looks just like some flurries.

I have guilt that I could have under measured, but I just couldn't find a defensible way to call it more. 

By the way, it was 15".  I have to go through the video and see what looks good.  This was a very nice event.

I had a chat with one of the neighbors about that while we were out clearing the snow today...it felt like business as usual.

So you believe that we will go back to a period of six inch snowstorms being on the heavy side?

I really don't know...the future is very uncertain...I seldom make any plans beyond my next breath.

I really don't know...the future is very uncertain...I seldom make any plans beyond my next breath.

Yeah my line of work has definately taught me that. Was just curious to see what you thought. Personally I believe all weather is cyclical and as such we are just going through a stretch of more active weather.

I had a chat with one of the neighbors about that while we were out clearing the snow today...it felt like business as usual.

For storms years back...even 4 inch ones...I could recall all the events of the day...and I still can...but there's been soo many of these recently...even last year's snowstorms have all dissolved into a long, grey line...

Yeah my line of work has definately taught me that. Was just curious to see what you thought. Personally I believe all weather is cyclical and as such we are just going through a stretch of more active weather.

Yes I do believe things do work in cycles and things such as fate & destiny are rather difficult to circumvent.

..woke up to an additional 1.5"..radar from last nite showed one last shot of snow.brings

me to twenty three and half inches for storm total..

Yup.  Looks like I grabbed about 1" here (confetti) overnight also (just eyeballing it). Then I took this pic today, when you see this you know it was a good storm.

post-4973-0-80229900-1422467717_thumb.jp

Archived