• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Historical Blizzard Obs Thread

Rtd208

Some beautiful moderate to moderate to heavy snow bands now moving across Long Island and the Southern New England area...

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You boys on LI are going to get smashed

NE winds just screaming off the Sound...gusting 35 mph @ Islip & Farmingdale the last hour...33 mph @ Montauk & Westhampton...pressure starting to fall rapidly. 

I live right on mount Sinai harbor (north central Suffolk county)..hoping this can rival or surpass Nemo!

I'm Port Jeff and this area has had some pretty good luck with stuff lately...you have to say that. 

About 4.5" for the day so far. Moderate snow now.

You're going to do very well I would think...perched up on that hill there in NE Nassau. 

Ladies & Gentlemen , amazing radar shows thunderstorms developing off shore and heading directly for central Jersey ( From all appearences). This is going to be a historic night. Let the naysayers go to bed now. As for I I shall be up for 24 hours to watch the mamoth beast deliver its magic.

http://weather.cod.edu/satrad/nexrad/index.php?type=OKX-N0Q-1-24

Please remember how slow this is all taking place. This is a beast. Things will progress and push in west. In my opinion its just a process of intensification underway . the precip had to hit a wall so to speak which really is subsidence allowing for wicked banding setting up getting ready to slam into jersey over the next two hours and on...

Archived