joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Historical Blizzard Obs Thread

Rtd208

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a radar screenshot i took from Feb 24th 2013. THIS is what radar needs to look like to get the insane totals -- most areas in central LI got about 24" to 34" with this band continuously pivoting almost for the entire duration of the snowstorm. I just don't see anything close this happening again.

Wow I remember that.....would have loved to experience it. Unbelievable.....it's like a giant slow moving thunderstorm

This is a radar screenshot i took from Feb 24th 2013.  THIS is what radar needs to look like to get the insane totals -- most areas in central LI got about 24" to 34" with this band continuously pivoting almost for the entire duration of the snowstorm.  I just don't see anything close this happening again. 

IF you needed it to fall in that same amount of time, essentially 12 hrs. 

I don't disagree we likely fail to match that intensity.  But still think we could get into the mid 20" range..

IF you needed it to fall in that same amount of time, essentially 12 hrs. 

I don't disagree we likely fail to match that intensity.  But still think we could get into the mid 20" range..

I'll still be pretty surprised if we (Suffolk area) don't get into at least the 18 inch range...

Port Jefferson / 10 pm heavy snow, blowing snow, fog...inch past hour...now 5 on the day...temp 25 F...dewpoint 24 F...humidity 97%...winds NE rather strong.

A travel ban goes into effect for all of NJ at 11pm tonight until further notice.

this is complete nonsense - there will be 1000's of vehicles going up and down the parkway all night - I will provide updates since I can see the parkway - traffic currently moving normal speed

Definitely seeing larger flakes mixing in with the fine flakes we've being seeing all day

Probably 3-4" so far, but getting anything accurate seems futile

Drifts starting to mound up, but I also have grass blades showing in the low spots

Z

Yeah, same.  Supposedly we have 4inches but all i see is grass blades poking out of the snow lol

RGEM quite the killjoy with maybe 7 or 8 more good hours of moderate to heavy snow out here on L.I. then just light & preparatory stuff...

Archived