joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Historical Blizzard Obs Thread

Rtd208

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was expecting blizzard conditions to develop somewhere in the region by 10 pm which has not happened yet just looks like a regular winter  Nor'easter so far - I fully expect most areas east of NYC to have blizzard conditions eventually BUT west of there is questionable

Blizzard well underway out here...nonwithstanding the reports of some strange automated stations. 

Looks like I had about 1.5"-2.0" when I left my house for work at 10:15pm, work location Woodbridge Township (Fords section) look like around 2.5"-3.0" so far today. Have to see what the rest of the night brings and tomorrow.

It doesn't look reall good for us in Woodbridge. We've had hours now of light snow.

Its gonna be damn close for NYC, the core of the band now runs from roughly Lattingtown to Lynbrook or so, if it can make it 20-30 more miles they'll get in, if not could see big totals at LGA/JFK and maybe only 8-10 at NYC.

,I am halfway between LaGuardia and JFK in Kew Gardens a few flakes over the past couple of hours and suddenly the wall of white came in. This is now officially a blizzard. We've managed to gather 6 inches so far but the storm starts now from light flakes too heavy 2 inch per hour snow in an instant. Good luck to all

Heavy snow, blowing snow continuing in Port Jeff..

It reminds me of what Gekko once said..."I did my real estate deal...made an $800,000 profit...thought it was all the money in the world at the time...today its a day's pay."

Perception is skewed by ones experiences...even me...prior 2001...I'd be extremely excited over today...after seeing more of these than I can remember the last 15 years...it does seem a bit pedestrian.

So true. Hopefully this period allowing for big snowstorms continues.

Archived