joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Historical Blizzard Obs Thread

Rtd208

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Intensity dropped in the city after the blast from that first band. Looks like central Suffolk jackpot again about 10 miles east of 13

There's a route 13 out here?  I need to get out more...

Pamela..what do u think we end up with here in port Jeff/mount Sinai area?

Even here in the Port Jeff area...which should be one of the more favorable areas to get a heavy snowfall in this type of setup...as of 1:20 AM...only about 8 inches new snow here.

I don't even know what to think at this point...I know my eyes burn from looking at this silly computer too much today...

I'm glad someone else from the area is posting though...so welcome aboard!

Here are some midnight figures...keep in mind that many of these stations continue to improve on these numbers...

CPK: 5.1"

LGA: 6.4"

JFK: 5.1"

ISP: 7.5"

Newark: 3.0"

Bridgeport: MIA

How is it going snow wise where you are at...it seems to have snowed very hard since I measured 8 inches 40 minutes ago...

BTW checking radar that is some band about to hit us coming in from the east...as the guy said in Airplane..."Its headed right for us!"

BTW checking radar that is some band about to hit us coming in from the east...as the guy said in Airplane..."Its headed right for us!"

OMG that thing just came in like the tidal wave in the Posiedon Adventure...it was worth all this lost time...100 foot visibility. 

Congrats to your storm Pam. Glad you and others on LI are enjoying the moment.

Thnxs...that squall...which I actually watched with a partly open door...was worth the price of admission...5 inch an hour type snow...50 mph wind...made this whole endeavor worth it...very Blizzard of 13 like.  

Intensity dropped in the city after the blast from that first band. Looks like central Suffolk jackpot again about 10 miles east of 13

LOL...it just came to me when I mentioned 2013 storm...that you did not mean Route 13 because I knew there was no route 13 out here...I was seriously not joking in bewilderment (or due to sleep deprivation). 

Pamela..what do u think we end up with here in port Jeff/mount Sinai area?

Even here in the Port Jeff area...which should be one of the more favorable areas to get a heavy snowfall in this type of setup...as of 1:20 AM...only about 8 inches new snow here.

Hey Mt Sinai...as Colonel Berringer (better known as the Urban Cowboy uncle) once said to the airman up in Loring, Maine (near Caribou)..."Are you still with us?????"

Hey Mt Sinai...as Colonel Berringer (better known as the Urban Cowboy uncle) once said to the airman up in Loring, Maine (near Caribou)..."Are you still with us?????"

O f course...after the airman answers in the affirmative..the WOPR proceeds to lock out all changes...prompting Berringer to tell Mccitrick (the 9 to 5 boss) that his new defense system (expletive deleted).  Dabney then calls the General a rather unpleasant name....

Ya im here haha..def feb 13 like outside at the moment..hardest snow and strongest wind of the night! Hope it stays for a while!

Great...but my eyes are sooo tired I can't even look at another weather model....but we are doing very well snow wise...and that's the main thing!

Great...but my eyes are sooo tired I can't even look at another weather model....but we are doing very well snow wise...and that's the main thing!

I've been kidding around a couple minutes...but that is amazingly intense snow right now   4 inch an hour stuff!

Thnxs...that squall...which I actually watched with a partly open door...was worth the price of admission...5 inch an hour type snow...50 mph wind...made this whole endeavor worth it...very Blizzard of 13 like.  

Starting to have that "Nemo" feel to this storm, the heavy band is twisting more North/South and not moving much further west

Looks like east central Long Island might Jackpot again

Still Heavy Snow Fat  flakes more predominant still

23F

Confidence is High for 20"+

This band seems to be expanding and slowing...❄️❄️

If I knew this was coming I would have skipped the matinee...

Archived