Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Historical Blizzard Obs Thread

Rtd208

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Light to moderate snow falling in Woodbridge Township (Fords section), estimated accumulation 5.5"-6.0" temperature 21 degrees.

Light to moderate snow falling in Woodbridge Township (Fords section), estimated accumulation 5.5"-6.0" temperature 21 degrees.

It doesn't look that way over here in Colonia; but I haven't measured since around2. I see nothing impressive here at all. But by now we know the story. Who was the met in Pa who said the storm wil move east because there is nothing blocking it ...everyone laughed. Think I read that over at Accu when this site was down.Steve D acting like he was warning of this all along. Still saying10-14. Sweet Jesus people pay to read that guy?

Couple quick pics just now, apologies for not the best camera

Need to dig out the plow in the first pic

attachicon.gifIMG_20150127_055725.jpg

Current conditions, pic doesn't do full justice, but you get the idea, and still going too

attachicon.gifIMG_20150127_055710.jpg

Very nice! OKX is taking a beating in the comments on FB after posting this for those west:

The storm has moved further east and will be departing faster than our forecasts of the past two days. The result is much less snow than previously predicted for the western half of our region. The heaviest of the snow will be over Long Island and southern Connecticut with lighter snow elsewhere through the morning hours.

The science of forecasting storms, while continually improving, still can be subject to error, especially if we're on the edge of the heavy precipitation shield. Efforts, including research, are already underway to more easily communicate that forecast uncertainty.

Very nice! OKX is taking a beating in the comments on FB after posting this for those west:

The storm has moved further east and will be departing faster than our forecasts of the past two days. The result is much less snow than previously predicted for the western half of our region. The heaviest of the snow will be over Long Island and southern Connecticut with lighter snow elsewhere through the morning hours.

The science of forecasting storms, while continually improving, still can be subject to error, especially if we're on the edge of the heavy precipitation shield. Efforts, including research, are already underway to more easily communicate that forecast uncertainty.

Kudos to OKX, it's not like the storm isn't happening, it's just not happening as far west. I think they played it right. NYC was a close call. If it would have hit hard while being downplayed, kickback would be worse IMHO. Tough forecast when this was not much until 00z SAT, and now, well......I mean, I'm only 50 mi from NYC at the most, not much room for error

I know it wasn't what a lot of us were expecting but I'm enjoying it....been snowing pretty good here for a few hours with about 6" on the ground along with 20 degree temps.. congrats to you folks to my east however.

I know it wasn't what a lot of us were expecting but I'm enjoying it....been snowing pretty good here for a few hours with about 6" on the ground along with 20 degree temps.. congrats to you folks to my east however.

Meh. This was delayed opening stuff for most schools here. Now 6 inches would have been ok if they had called for that in a pretty snowless winter, but damn....

..agreed.you really can't tell whats blowing and whats falling..gotta be 2' out there.

Agree, looks like about 2'. The biggest snow I've ever seen here was 27" prior to this. I'm judging by that. Don't think it's quite that much, but still snowing. Impossible to get a good measurement, that wind was cranking last night.

Archived