joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Historical Blizzard Obs Thread

Rtd208

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moderate wind blown snow. I might be able to salvage a few inches in eastern Middlesex County and call it a day thanks to the pivot. 

Moderate wind blown snow. I might be able to salvage a few inches in eastern Middlesex County and call it a day thanks to the pivot. 

Folks like us have been taking a beating for sounding negative. Unreal. I have about 4 inches, Colonia. You?

Light to moderate snow falling here in Woodbridge Township (Fords section), estimated accumulation 3.5"-4.0" temperature 23 degrees.

Light to moderate snow falling here in Woodbridge Township (Fords section), estimated accumulation 3.5"-4.0" temperature 23 degrees.

And we have been there for hours. Sorry, it reminds me of 2/6/10. I think we will do a tad better than that though, I'm thinking we get to 6, maybe 8.

I'm in Metuchen (basically the east side of Edison) about 8 miles west of the center of Staten Island and I just can't tell if the heavy bands are going to make it here.  Have some light snow now, but that ain't cuttin' it.  Got 4" in round 1 and maybe 1/2" over the last two hours of light snow.  Someone please tell me the heavy stuff reaches to at least Edison (I'd be happy if it went way west of Edison, too, but if it doesn't make it even here I'll be pretty disappointed).  

You are one of the better posters here, and among the most literate. I've been watching and reading all night and it does not look to be our storm unless a couple things go our way, which others can elaborate on. More to the point, I do no think this storm is going to be one of the top storms for NYC. And I've been taking heat for it, but I am only going by what professionals are saying. Great for Boston and the Twin Forks, but ya know, I am as interested in their weather as I am Denver's. That is, not much.

Been snowing moderately for the past couple of hours and really starting to pick up now. We've been on the edge of these heavier snow bands here in the NW Monmouth County. Tough to measure with the wind blowing everything around though, but we are starting to get some small drifts. Street has been snow covered all night.

I cannot tell if thats what that is, sometimes we can get that feature as a result of NNE winds down the CT Rivery Valley, it may be temporary.

The RGEM animation did have it...

Anybody notice this fiasco at LGA? I can confirm measurement of 9 is accurate because I measured 7 different places in Kew gardens and got 8.4 BUT qpf total at LGA is only .32. Something very wrong there. Did LGA break a world record for ratio at 25+ to 1?? someone has some explaining to do!

Anybody notice this fiasco at LGA? I can confirm measurement of 9 is accurate because I measured 7 different places in Kew gardens and got 8.4 BUT qpf total at LGA is only .32. Something very wrong there. Did LGA break a world record for ratio at 25+ to 1?? someone has some explaining to do!

They might be including the inch on the ground they started with prior to the storm and rounded up 1/2 an inch also. 

Even here in the Port Jeff area...which should be one of the more favorable areas to get a heavy snowfall in this type of setup...as of 1:20 AM...only about 8 inches new snow here. 

Archived