• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Historical Blizzard Obs Thread

Rtd208

Per those Doppler estimates of precip...looks like the area around Farmingdale NY (Nassau / Suffolk border) has seen the most L.E. so far...about 0.30".

That makes sense.  CNN Weather guy is in Central Park saying it looks like 3.5" or so there, and the band has been heavier further east from here.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Continues to snow in the Port Jefferson area with very cold temperatures...but quite a bit of blowing snow often makes it seem there is more snow falling than there actually is...not always that easy to distinguish between the two...especially from the 1st floor of a house. 

All Hail Random E-W Oriented Band of Heavy Snow That No Model Forecast.  May you Rule Over Us For Ever and Ever.

Growing up in SW CT I always wondered why NYC got more than me every snowstorm. I kind of suspected there might be some sort of a band forming on the long Island sound during northeasters that was hard to see on radar.

About 2" here in jersey already as well ! i'm on the western fringe of that band and its just feeding the moisture right into here. Nice little bonus snow if the NAM is not correct. If the NAM is correct, just the icing on the cake.....or the cookie crumble on then bottom of the cake actually  :)

Archived